The Paperworks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 20 July 2014 1.18pm
Sunday 20 July 2014 1.44pm
Looks nice. I seem to remember there was something similar in Union Street, 2 years ago.
Sunday 20 July 2014 7.41pm
Went down this afternoon to encounter the 7 charge I can find no mention of on the website. Needless to say we told them the best use for their paper.
Sunday 20 July 2014 8.29pm
boroughbloke wrote:
Went down this afternoon to encounter the 7 charge I can find no mention of on the website. Needless to say we told them the best use for their paper.

What is it supposed to be really (apart from what it says on the website)?
Monday 21 July 2014 5.23am
Your guess is as good as mine. Comes over to me as the most espensive pop-up bar in London.
Monday 21 July 2014 8.30am
I went last week and had a great time. Good selection of local and foreign booze, lots of seating, half decent "street food" (i.e. over-priced over-sized burgers et al), giant jenga, and decent toilets without a portaloo in-sight! Would love to see more pop up venues making use of wasted space like this.

@maurits its very similar, almost too similar, to the 100 Union Street venue...

@boroughbloke When I went it was free to get in all day. From what I saw, they have different promoters on some days, and if they have name DJs, there will be a charge, although nearly all events had free entry before a certain time.
Monday 21 July 2014 12.08pm
Since we were waiting for it to open (they were late doing so) free before a certain time doesn't really count. It clearly wasn't!

If it's free they should say so. If they are charging for some events then they might want to point that out on the web site or at the gate instead of having a very unfriendly pair of unfriendly, burly bouncers demanding money if we were not on the guest list.
Monday 21 July 2014 1.04pm
Yeah definitely, luckily I just went on a whim as I'm local enough to do so. But I guess they've just opened, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they are just getting started and they will sort problems like updating events on their website in the coming weeks.

Oh, I found 20/07 event on FB
https://www.facebook.com/events/249749141901135/
Sunday 3 August 2014 7.09pm
I have been away for a couple of weeks and came back this Thursday. I was not aware that the paperworks and opened but was walking by on Friday afternoon with my boyfriend and it was definitely buzzing! We were invited in by the bouncers, who were so polite and welcoming! I cant believe what a fantastic use of unused space this is! it looks absolutely amazing! the sun was shining, everyone seemed to be in high spirits, there was food, bar, music and great space to soak up the sun! you certainly do not get this very often in London!! all the staff were so friendly myself and my boyfriend stayed all night. on the way out the bouncers thanked us and invited us back - which we will most definitely be doing! everyone should pop down just to see what a great place it really is!!
Sunday 12 October 2014 7.18am
As I get older it takes me longer to find out about things but went past this last night on my way to Brixton. Looked good, and lively so i asked the bouncer on gate what it was "what's it look like?!" Was the response....

I continued on my way to Brixton where the hospitality was somewhat warmer.

GraceH, I'm guessing from your post that you work there/are incredibly somehow....
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: