Boxing clubs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 20 July 2014 10.06pm
Anyone know of some old school boxing clubs in the borough? Lookng for basic workout, nothing fancy = cheap.
Monday 21 July 2014 12.48am
Come on Tolstoy, tell us what's happened, better people than me will tell you the intelligent route is the only way!

I speak from experience :)
Monday 21 July 2014 8.24am
Ha! Nothing like that. I work as an extra in the movie business and am moving up the chain to doing more stunt related work, though at 55 it doesn't come as natural as to the young ones so I have to put in the extra work to keep up. Due to an unrelated injury which has seen me off my game recently whilst it sorts itself out, I now need to get back in shape but I'm not interested in expensive fittness plans aimed at white collar workers.

The Islington Boxing Club fits my purpose but it's a bit of a trek if I'm realistic when it comes to regular use. I pick boxing as it appeals on a personal level but the fact is many of the best stunt people come from a dance background as it is more about flexibility than strength.
Monday 21 July 2014 9.10am
Colleagues of mine have been going to Rooney's
Monday 21 July 2014 12.04pm
I've never been (although I should!) but heard lots of people recommend Moreno Boxing Club
Monday 21 July 2014 12.10pm
There is something called Box-Fit over at Colombo Street.
Monday 21 July 2014 5.16pm
What about the Ring in Ewer Street Arches?
Monday 21 July 2014 8.31pm
The Ring - 15 a session
Rooneys - 10 a session
Miguels ( Brixton ) = 5 a session ( and the only old school one out of the three rem boxing is a poor mans sport ).
Colombo Center - has an area with a good solid hanging bad you can practice on. Membership if you live in the area used to be 20 a month.
Monday 21 July 2014 9.09pm
Colombo is still 19.95 per month.
Dennis one of the trainers over there mentioned 1:1 sessions and has a good knowledge of the "old school" venues locally. I am sure you could pop in and ask him.
Monday 21 July 2014 9.49pm
Unless you hit the big league acting is a poor man/woman 'sport'. I'll be looking into Miguels, thanks for the tip. Rooneys and The Ring are nice places but too expensive for me to maintain on a random income.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: