Rave in Southwark ??

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 22 July 2014 2.17pm
I live very close to Southwark Underground station - is there a rave or something going on nearby ?

Can hear very loud thrash techno being blasted out from somewhere - ? possible from the large squat near the station ??
Tuesday 22 July 2014 3.16pm
Could be - I've seen people on the roof before now with the most incredibly loud music playing. I like my music loud, but this is something else!
Zoe
Tuesday 22 July 2014 8.00pm
No, it's Jack's bar. The squatters are just dancing along!
Zoe
Tuesday 22 July 2014 8.46pm
After further investigation have realised it's both Jacks bar and the squatters being noisy. Oh joy.
Tuesday 22 July 2014 11.13pm
Zoe wrote:
After further investigation have realised it's both Jacks bar and the squatters being noisy. Oh joy.
Are they trying to outnoise each other or is it a synchronised effort?
Wednesday 23 July 2014 1.02am
The original music was like a techno hard bass type from the roof of the squat , which after a while must have annoyed Jacks bar as they started blasting out pop music which in turn drowned out the squatters music !!!!!!!!!
Friday 25 July 2014 9.49pm
Friday night and I look forward to the late night noise again. Hollering, shouting swearing and cussin. Hysterical and over the top female laughter, engine revving door slamming minicabs and if I'm lucky the noisy argumentative drunks who have no home to go to will still be there at five o'clock in the morning.
I just hope it rains all night.
On a more serious note and referring to Wednesday night's noise I thought the licence for Jack's Bar along with the other premises on Isabella Street had a condition that their music and accompanying noise should not be heard on the street and had to be played behind closed doors. Am I right?
Zoe
Friday 25 July 2014 10.03pm
Yes, but try getting it enforced!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: