Thank you Land Lease...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 24 July 2014 11.46am
I feel I have judged your company too harshly..you have redeemed yourself for your wonderful gift of 1,200 trees to be planted at various locations in the next few years.

It makes up for the destruction of the 1,200 properties and eviction of 3,000 people on the Heygate.

So if my maths are wrong and in this case they are not, that equates to ONE tree per dwelling sold off under 'confidential' selling!

Well you can poke your 'gift' of ONE tree in our street and another on the corner of New Kent Road.

Any former resident of the Heygate Estate would say your taking the P**s. Still you have to make the effort as you have already saved a fortune on making the Elephant Fart look lovely and green, just like an oasis in fact.

And at the end of the day how many social tenants will there be, not too many I expect as all the foreign investors buying off plan, not to live there I expect, would not like the indigenous natives to be too close.

still ranting over the loss of all those homes and wonder how suddenly they become unrepairable. There are tower blocks all over the place that have stood for decades..but heyho they are not on prime building land..
Thursday 24 July 2014 11.53am
Quite right,Jan. Lend Leech have indeed excelled themselves here with a little help, of course, from their cronies at the council.
Let's all work together to stop this asset stripping of our borough.
Thursday 24 July 2014 12.23pm
Jan + JazzQ, unfortunately Peter John and Fiona Colley has made it repeatedly very clear that they are extremely proud of Elephant and Lend Lease etc. Far from acknowledging and apologising they tend to expect those with a grievance to apologise to them! This is all summed up by Tax Barrister John in his recent tweet on twitter to @SouthwarkNotes @paulkaz:

"No, you are stuck in the past and would condemn all others to stay there with you. Come to 2014 and beyond."

https://twitter.com/peterjohn6/status/491195480588943360

All Lend Lease are doing is what Southwark Labour endorse wholeheartedly. They are going out to "own the future" (Tony Blair retweeted by Peter).

This of course might mean selling your future or home. Recently, perversely, a great many people living on Estates voted for Peter and Fiona to sell their homes and regen their futures. Now a 30 year venture - so nobody should feel too secure.

So Peter and Fiona really feel very endorsed by winning the election.

My advice? Grab what you can. Anyone thinking of exercising a right to buy should start the process well before the next election 2015.

100,000 to be bagged? Tax free? Go out and "own the future"!

I have been negotiating to sell Southwark's Cabinet to Saudi Arabia however unfortunately we cannot agree a price.
TAK
Thursday 24 July 2014 12.52pm
Well said Jan!
But I think just blaming Lend Lease (some refer to it as Grab & Fleece I've heard) isn't sufficient as by themselves they would not have been able to secure all this soon to be completely cleared land at bargain prices, even complete with tenants and leaseholders evicted already.

Without the support (and cover up of all ever so confidential figures etc.) of Lend Lease by our very own Southwark Council none of this would have even been possible to happen. So I think our 'thanks' should not only be directed at Lend Fleece but also to our 'great friends' at 160 Tooley Street Headquarter (aka. Southwark Council).

On the side, as far as I know Peter John and the current CEO Eleanor Kelly worked together on Aylesbury and Heygate regeneration Scheme before Ms Kelly was elected as CEO. Given both of them worked on those schemes and deals in the past it's unlikely that they suddenly would be admitting having agreed bad deals for the residents me thinks....
TAK
Thursday 24 July 2014 12.54pm
And something from Mr Johns blog - going back to 21st June 2012:
http://cllrpeterjohn.blogspot.co.uk/2012_06_01_archive.html

Here's a copy of the text saving you clicking on the link:
A New Chief Executive for Southwark
In two weeks time Southwark's Council Assembly will have the opportunity to approve the appointment of Eleanor Kelly as the new Chief Executive of the Council. Eleanor has been the Acting Chief Executive for the last 5 months and has been the Deputy Chief Executive at the Council since 2008 - an appointment by the previous council administration.

Eleanor brings real experience and knowledge to the role, with recent experience leading for the Council on some of our most important regeneration projects at the Elephant & Castle and the Aylesbury. She will continue to have responsibility for regeneration in her new role.

What is most important is that Eleanor's appointment will be good news for the people of Southwark. She has a passion and commitment for our borough which will mean that she will always go that extra mile to get the best deal and provide the best service for the borough's residents. She will be a great appointment.
Thursday 24 July 2014 1.04pm
Still boringly repetitive ..how can our council sell off what belongs to the people of Southwark? as I have said before i wish I was clever enough to research the legal documents at the inception of council housing/corporations buildings/swimming baths/libraries/.

I shall now wind myself up even further by following the links above! :-(
Thursday 24 July 2014 1.14pm
there's an awesome piece in today's private eye called 'put it on the tab' (about the wining and dining and viabilities etc)
x
Thursday 24 July 2014 1.24pm
pros...i shall need to increase me blood pressure pills at this rate! ...will try to get it later..:-)
Thursday 24 July 2014 1.49pm
hhrca wrote:

I have been negotiating to sell Southwark's Cabinet to Saudi Arabia however unfortunately we cannot agree a price.

you may have to lower the asking price? a lot? :)
Thursday 24 July 2014 2.02pm
No, you get me wrong :-) I couldn't afford to pay what they were asking me to pay to take them off our hands!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: