New Food Hall - M&S Waterloo Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 25 July 2014 5.22pm
I'm too stunned to comment, but I feel that we should have a thread to discuss this. I'm sure someone will put up a(nother) good plea for a Waitrose :)
Friday 25 July 2014 5.48pm
I think there was already a rumour here in some thread the M&S location would have been a Waitrose :)
Friday 25 July 2014 9.29pm
Better an M&S than another commercial coffee shop or burger bar.
Friday 25 July 2014 9.33pm
From M&S's point of view it does make sense because their Waterloo Station shop had the highest most valuable footfall of any of their premises.
Friday 25 July 2014 9.39pm
That's even worse then; it's bad enough now trying to walk down that bit of Waterloo Road. It's always crowded, especially with the bus stop right outside Sainsburys.
Sunday 27 July 2014 8.17pm
'Food Hall' my backside. It is just another over-priced supermarket to add to the growing list we have where every little thing costs significantly more than elsewhere.
Monday 28 July 2014 7.20pm
This little gem made me literally laugh out loud.

Overheard in Waitrose:

"Make sure we only get 2 packs dear, we don't want the cashier thinking we're buying them because they're 3 for 10"

https://www.facebook.com/overheardinwaitrose/posts/425440180930693?fref=nf
Thursday 31 July 2014 1.04pm
i dont think Waitrose like us in SE1!
Thursday 2 October 2014 11.09am
The new M&S is now open. They are giving away money-off vouchers outside.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 2 October 2014 8.10pm
Wish I'd read that before I had a quick walk round tonight James. So depressing. Almost one entire wall is wine, beers, cans of 'cocktails' and other drinks. It's very small and it doesn't look to me as if they have made good use of the space.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: