PC laptop sorting [debugging/depop-up-ing/general sorting]

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 28 July 2014 10.03am
Can anyone recommend anywhere/anyone local who can sort out a relatively new PC laptop for us? There are a list of issues with it and if I don't get a recommendation soon it will be hurled through a window before the end of the week!
Thanks all
Monday 28 July 2014 3.02pm
I am an IT Professional and may be able to give you free advise on matters.
Monday 28 July 2014 9.41pm
Hi Windmill. How much would I expect to pay for a general tuneup for a laptop?
Tuesday 29 July 2014 9.21am
paulse1 wrote:
Hi Windmill. How much would I expect to pay for a general tuneup for a laptop?

Most companies IE PC world or geek squad would give you an estimate around 50 - 70 I would expect and that's without looking and possibly finding other issues.

In my experience (15 years) you can do it all for no more than a few downloads (Super-anti spyware) amongst others and clearing some unwanted temp files, There may also be possible unwanted software that may have been installed on your PC without your knowledge like unwanted toolbars and PC clean up tools. This stuff gets installed by you not un-ticking options when downloading other software.
Tuesday 29 July 2014 4.03pm
Got Malwarebytes. Firefox is running very slowly. Takes upto 2 minutes to load fully and is not downloading anything at all. Reinstalled it but made no difference.
If I took a screenshot of msconfig, would you be able to tell me what I can switch off?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: