Tesco Long Lane - rip-off alert

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 31 July 2014 12.16pm
Hi all

Got a new job and have been shopping in Tesco Long Lane for lunch items. Been in 5 times and overcharged 3 of them.

Bought a tin of Pilchards on "yellow label special offer" on separate days - both times the auto check out til charged me full price.

Just been in and bought some "yellow label special offer" salad cream - charged me full price.

When I questioned the price, a helpful lady went away and checked - told me I was wrong. I checked myself on the way out - she was wrong and I had to go thru hoops to get my money back.

It's not much, but I would have been 1.80 out of pocket - and I only spend 3 per visit on 2 items.

The place is rammed at lunch time and, if I was a conspiracist, they hope you are so flustered you don't check the til price.

Going to post every time this happens.

Never had this problem on Tooley Street - ever.
Thursday 31 July 2014 12.30pm
waited 5 minutes for someone to help on the self checkouts last night- the shop is dire-wonder how much of thir trade will be taken by the new sainsbuys on the corner of Western street when it opens
Thursday 31 July 2014 1.02pm
That new Sainsbury is going to have to be a heck of a lot bigger than the teeny one up the road at Bermondsey Square to make it worth using. As for Tesco in Long Lane its been rather a mess since it opened. It is important to always check receipts!
Thursday 31 July 2014 1.37pm
boroughpaul wrote:
As for Tesco in Long Lane its been rather a mess since it opened. It is important to always check receipts!

Is it just me or does it seem dirty as well? Or is that what you mean by mess?
Thursday 31 July 2014 4.12pm
My neighbour has had pricing problems at the Tesco in The Cut too.
Thursday 31 July 2014 5.11pm
Tescos on New Kent Road is dire too. Seems to be a big problem with Tesco in general I think
Thursday 31 July 2014 6.03pm
Mrs B used the cashpoint at Tescos OKR, on her printout it said that she could get a free Liptons iced tea, so she gets her shopping, pays for it and then produces the printout only to be told that it wasn't valid at that branch of Tescos, so she queried it and asked to see the manager and was told that there was no point as other customers had queried it and he was adamant that this was the case, this annoyed her, so when she got home she e mailed Tesco, a few days later she got an apologetic reply and a promise of a 5 voucher for her troubles and that the store manager would get a talking to.
Thursday 31 July 2014 8.26pm
Old hands at TESCOs make good used of these two:

http://www.tescocomments.com/

http://www.tesco.com/help/in-store-faq/
Payment
Double the Difference
"What shall I do if I've been overcharged? In the unlikely event that we charge you more than what is advertised on the shelf edge or on the product, please visit our Customer Service Desk with your receipt for a double the difference refund."

This also applies to TESCO Express.

SEL= Self Edge Label, and if a SEL is wrong take a photo on your phone before contacting the customer service desk. Misleading SELs are unlawful.
Zoe
Thursday 31 July 2014 10.21pm
I have never had a double the difference refund and this happens all the time. I shall insist on it next time!
Thursday 31 July 2014 10.31pm
Wasn't there a thread on here before about wrong charging or failing to realise their own deals? I'm sure it was said that you had to leave the store to qualify for the double the difference thing, or at least have left the checkout?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: