Childrens Charity Suggestions

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 4 August 2014 10.46am
A friend is running a half marathon this winter & is looking for a small local children's charity to support. Does anyone know of any for whom a few thousand pounds might make a big difference?
Monday 4 August 2014 2.16pm
Hi

It isnt a childrens charity but Beyond Food Foundation does amazing work with the homeless. Many of the people they help are young.

Check them out:
www.beyondfoodfoundation.org.uk
Monday 4 August 2014 5.56pm
The Cystic Fibrosis Trust would be a very worthwhile cause. Lots of children suffering with CF don't live long enough to see adulthood.
Monday 4 August 2014 11.30pm
Evelina London Children's Hospital at St Thomas' is a great local cause
Tuesday 5 August 2014 7.51am
Childrens Country Holiday fund...helps inner city children get a break out of town..holidays etc.
Tuesday 5 August 2014 7.55am
I would second Evelina Children's Hospital at St. Thomas' Hospital. It is local and is for children.
The original hospital was located at Borough SE1.

The local newspaper, Southwark News, is running an appeal for Evelina so that may be the easiest route.

I recognise that Evelina is not just for local children and cannot be considered a small local charity but nonetheless is still local and for children and remains a very worthy cause.
Tuesday 5 August 2014 8.42am
Thanks for your suggestions. The Evelina Children's Hospital has actually treated my friends very young niece so that's perfect :-)
Wednesday 6 August 2014 1.25pm
If you are, or anyone else is, still thinking about this, Time and Talents is a fab local charity. They have London Marathon runners every year and for them, a few hundred quid makes a massive difference. http://www.timeandtalents.org.uk/
Wednesday 6 August 2014 5.03pm
Nice to know Time and Talents are still running, I think they used to have a place in Bermondsey street.
Wednesday 6 August 2014 6.02pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Childrens Country Holiday fund...helps inner city children get a break out of town..holidays etc.

I never knew that existed, as an avid camper it breaks my heart that the kids around here don't get to spend a bit of time in the country, so cheap as well.
If I win the lottery I am going to buy a small farm just for this purpose.
Kids love camping!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: