small washing machine

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 4 August 2014 2.35pm
Hi dear SE1 Ers I think this may be impossible but I a trying to buy , have fitted ( and old taken away) a new washing Machine. Problem is because of tiny size of flat - it has to be 500mm (50cms) or less in width. can only find one like the Zanussi I have at Curry's etc which start over 400 which is out of my price range.

Other than that - does any-one know a company who will dis-install and take away the old for recycling?
And is there any launderettes left near The Cut/ Union St/SBR other than the Long Lane one- which is too far to lug heavy items
Sorry all boring questions
Monday 4 August 2014 3.22pm
Kory - I sympathise! We went through this last year. There are, apparently, only two washing machines being manufactured that are less than the standard 60cm (no - I didn't believe that either!) One is the Zanussi you already know about and the other is the Candy AQUA. We went with the Candy as we've had problems with Zanussi appliances in the past. Unfortunately, the smaller they are the more expensive they are - we ended up having to pay around 450, whereas a regular size can be picked up for around 200 I believe.

What puzzles me is that more and more people are living in flats, many with small kitchens, so why do the manufacturers think no one has any need for non-standard appliances? Someone is surely missing a gap in the market here.
Monday 4 August 2014 3.40pm
Neff also does one - I was looking at it on Saturday - but you're right - it's more expensive than the bigger one - crazy. I have had a small one in the past and found it so much better for just two people. Now I want to put a small one in instead of a large one, without redoing the whole kitchen, hence my other kitchen-related post... Sorry, can't help with sourcing cheaper machines.
Monday 4 August 2014 3.44pm
[quote Kory]does any-one know a company who will dis-install and take away the old for recycling?
quote]

I know you've just said that the only one available at Curry's is too expensive but IF you do buy from them (OKR branch) they will uninstall and remove your old one for free, and all with a glad heart too. I live on the third floor with no lift and am used to very grumpy delivery men but these guys couldn't have been more cheerful, particularly as they had to bring one up the stairs and take the old one down. And, they wouldn't take a tip - impressive!

I, too, do not understand why manufacturers do not make more small versions; there are plenty of small dishwashers on the market so why not washing machines?
Monday 4 August 2014 5.03pm
If you need a laundrette, there is one along the Waterloo Road called Goodwill. They will only do service washes.
It is tucked away in the parade of shops after Webber Row.
Best to ring to see if they can fit you in on 0207 928 4003. They get very busy as there are few laundrettes in the area now.
Monday 4 August 2014 8.28pm
Thanks all, Yes I have checked out Zanusi Candy and will look at Neff. Curry's have the best deal in they will take away your old but infact they charge to for this Zanussi to be fitted. Only 20 but with the machine over 400 I can't do it at the moment.. Thanks Jazzy Q looks like I will be using Goodwill
BTW Curreys have great deals on average size washing machines jut now if anyone need one - with free delivery , fitting and removal. Wish I had a flat big enough!
Tuesday 5 August 2014 10.28am
Might this help you, Kory?

[url=http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/currys?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=05.08.2014_walley_nl%20%282%29&utm_content=&tid=05.08.2014_walley_nl%20%282%29&_$ja=tsid:37162|cgn:05.08.2014_walley_nl%20%282%29|kw:Mzg3MDg2ODAxMjQS1]Voucher for Curry's[/url]

Came into my inbox this morning.
Tuesday 5 August 2014 1.16pm
La Martinet so kind of you to think of me - thanks so much. I checked it out voucher cannot be used on the small Zanussi WM. Aah. Thanks for your help, you are lovely.
Have to save up and use Laundry in the mean time- it won't kill me
Wednesday 6 August 2014 12.10pm
Just nipped down to Goodwill.Told me they are happy to accept new customers, and suggested you take stuff down in the morning and collect it early evening.

Big wash is 14, small 8

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: