Squatters in 16-18 Marshalsea Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Wednesday 6 August 2014 11.37am
Has anyone else noticed 16 - 18 Marshalsea Road being over run with squatters. Urinating outside the building, kicking parked cars whilst intoxicated and being a general nusiance.
I have no gripe with empty buildings being used by squatters etc but their behaviour in this case is not acceptable.
Wednesday 6 August 2014 1.07pm
Yes. I noticed on Sunday afternoon. Whether they're squatters or not has little bearing, as you say.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 6 August 2014 2.12pm
Probably the ones in part from the beehive, graffiti all on the top near the windows...saw a programme recen tly about Sheriffs, they were evicting squatters from a non residential building, and all one foreign guy kept saying was..' england is a democracy' yeah right. but the wonderful Sheriffs got them out, perhaps we should have one in Southwark!
Wednesday 6 August 2014 3.04pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Probably the ones in part from the beehive, graffiti all on the top near the windows...saw a programme recen tly about Sheriffs, they were evicting squatters from a non residential building, and all one foreign guy kept saying was..' england is a democracy' yeah right. but the wonderful Sheriffs got them out, perhaps we should have one in Southwark!

How do you know he was foreign?

(Only joking!!!!) :)
Wednesday 6 August 2014 3.50pm
Are there squatters in the old carpet shop on the corner of Trinity and Borough High Streets?
Wednesday 6 August 2014 4.40pm
Yes the ones in old carpet shop still here
Wednesday 6 August 2014 4.45pm
I wonder if SE London is particularly attractive to squatters of if squats are on the rise (as they appear to be) all over London?
Wednesday 6 August 2014 4.47pm
It's a lot cheaper than private renting in the area.
Wednesday 6 August 2014 4.59pm
I think it has to do with developers having ambitious plans for sites they acquire then the plans don't get approved
Ergo - properties empty so why not move in!!
Wednesday 6 August 2014 6.00pm
EWJ1974 wrote:
I think it has to do with developers having ambitious plans for sites they acquire then the plans don't get approved
Ergo - properties empty so why not move in!!
I can understand being homeless and having nowhere to go and seeing seemingly empty buildings, but why trash them? It seems to me the majority of squatters are drug using clods...I know there are squatters who keep their heads down and don't upset their neighbours, unfortunately the way they leave some properties smashing things and graffiti internally and externally leave a lot to be desired.
We were homeless as youngsters after the war and even invading the bombed out homes we would never have treated them like that.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: