Good Dentist?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 13 August 2014 9.09pm
I live near borough high street - can anyone recommend a dentist nearby that's good and wont try and rip me off?

Thanks
Wednesday 13 August 2014 9.18pm
Hi realdeal999,

If you happen to have a dental emergency, I recommend you visit the acute dental care/emergency clinic at Guy's Hospital.
It is located on the 21st floor of the tower. I advise you go there early (08.30) as it can take some time to be seen by the triage person.

They give top level treatment and it's free.

Best wishes!
Zoe
Thursday 14 August 2014 6.51am
The one on the corner of BHS and Trinity Street is good, it accepts NHS patients and the hygienist is great, my teeth have never been so clean.
TTT
Thursday 14 August 2014 1.16pm
I go to Dr Hejazi on Haverstock Hill (NW3), but it's not exactly close.
Very good - never paid more than NHS tier 1 charges.
Thursday 14 August 2014 1.26pm
I can thoroughly recommend MP Dental in Jamaica Road about 40 metres from Bermondsey Tube Station.
Friday 15 August 2014 6.18pm
agree with Zoe. The one on the corner of BHS and Trinity Street. Best of all they are open really early and late and on Satrday morning too.
Friday 15 August 2014 6.24pm
Try Borough Dental Practice, 305 Borough High Street. It's NHS but does private work too. I had two front teeth crowned (replacing NHS ones) and some old filings replaced with white ones on a private basis two years ago and was so impressed by the care. The cost was so much more affordable than quoted privately elsewhere and just to give an example of the care I received, I was given an appointment at the place where they made my crowns so I could be properly colour matched in a daylight environment, I learnt that this so important and in my case was overlooked in the past. I was fitted with excellent crowns which nobody notices as being 'fake'.

The place looks a bit glum and basic from the outside but don't let that put you off!

My experience is based on my treatment two years ago and I trust I would still rate them as good if I visited them tomorrow. I've popped a link below to their NHS Choices overview, there's some reviews there.

https://www.nhs.uk/Services/dentists/Overview/DefaultView.aspx?id=21984]
Monday 18 August 2014 2.32pm
I agree all comments re Borough Dental Care, corner of BHS and Trinity Street. Nice, friendly receptionists, good dentists - actually clean/polish your teeth as part of check up and told me I didn't need to see the hygienist unless I wanted to (no rip-off there, unlike Talbot nearer London Bridge) Open early and on Saturdays. What's not to like?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: