Terry's Bar - Borough High Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 25 August 2014 2.02am
Does anyone know if Terrys Bar has closed down.. It is the new one next to Munas Grill and opposite Police Station. Thanks
Monday 25 August 2014 6.17am
Seems closed to me. I was stuned to see it open a few weeks back, but it didn't last long.
Monday 25 August 2014 3.12pm
boroughbloke wrote:
Seems closed to me. I was stuned to see it open a few weeks back, but it didn't last long.

Did you call for it to be closed? :)
Monday 25 August 2014 3.25pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughbloke wrote:

Did you call for it to be closed? :)

He chanted it.
Monday 25 August 2014 4.06pm
Novo we went there a couple of times when it opened and last Sunday went passed and was closed. So was not sure of just closed as was Sunday. Someone told me it has closed down but did not believe them. Shame as was not open that long. Wonder why it closed so soon. Thanks for any info guys.
Monday 25 August 2014 8.08pm
It probably closed through lack of something important to any business. They are called customers. The place seemed like a labour of love, but I'm not entirely sure who the management were intending to attract. All very bohemian in terms of decor, but a big projector and screen during the world cup screamed of also trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator, which is more than well attended to elsewhere.

It had the strange quality of a bar in some mediterranean resort where the management had been scammed by the people who sold the bar to them.

It's a shame it's not still a Costcutter. So much cheaper and with a wider variety of products than the Co-optescobury stores that are taking over our world.
Tuesday 26 August 2014 7.56am
I went in here one night whilst waiting for Masala Dubba to cook a take away. I had a glass of wine with the owner/Terry the staff were all Malaysian/Thai. Terry was an over 50 lady from Peckham, she explained they would be starting to serve food in a couple of weeks and that everything was going to be fresh no sounds of microwaves from my kitchen she said, then went on to tell me about the menu, Chinese, Thai, Malaysian, Tex-Mex, British fusion... Sounded like the raw foods for opening night of the restaurant side of things would have cost an arm and a leg, to be honest I thought she was trying to do too many things (I have a catering diploma and worked in Outside catering/banqueting/hotels/pubs for a number of years on the food side)shame if it went tits up so soon :( She seemed like a lady with a vision.

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
x00
Wednesday 27 August 2014 12.15pm
Apparently it is closed until 1st September for holiday and maintainence works:

https://twitter.com/Terryscafe1/status/502201871566913537
Wednesday 27 August 2014 12.35pm
x00 - Terry's Cafe in Great Suffolk Street is a completely different (and much longer established) business than Terry's Bar on Borough High Street, which is the subject of this thread.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 27 August 2014 12.36pm
Thanks xOO for the web link but that is Terrys Cafe on Great Suffolk Street which will reopen on 1st Sept. It was Terry's Bar on Borough High Street I was trying to find out about. many thanks though for all comments and info above.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network