Ministry of Sound/Coronet

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Tuesday 26 August 2014 1.51pm
I live in the Rockingham Estate and seem tyo be unable to sleep at weekends due to post MOS/Coronet parties in my road. Every Sunday morning, the street is strewn with club coasters and those little metal canisters of laughing gas. It has now become a weekly occurrence to be woken up at 3/4am by people blaring music from their cars dancing and singing until dawn.

I don't want to call the Southwark Noise team as they have to come into your home to measure the sound. I would prefer, however, the council or police to pop by at 3am to see what goes on.

Any thoughts who I should contact?

Thanks,
Sleepless in SE1
Tuesday 26 August 2014 2.28pm
what about your local police team to start so they are aware of the problem and your local councillors also you can try Simon Hughes's team-i would suggest contacting as many people as you can and getting other residents to do the same-the more complaints they get the more likely they will be to act,
Tuesday 26 August 2014 2.30pm
thanks Dee Dee
Tuesday 26 August 2014 3.13pm
Where the flipping heck is a shop that sells laughing gas? That sounds awful to have to put up with jcp, the beehive has got a lot quiter (squatters ) but going along the street I saw plastic tubes that reminded me of sherbert fountain things and at the end metal/foil straw like thingys...Why cant they close the coronet and the m.o.s. down if this is happening? Wonder what the council will do when the elephant fart is completed and all the newcomers protest about the noise and behaviour as you are describing.

What a world for our children to have to grow up in.
Tuesday 26 August 2014 3.53pm
Jan, unfortunately it is our children that are the problem, if not our's then somne other parents' offspring, and there are probably even parents who are taking part in the club scene.
Until the licensing of such premises is returned to the police and the judiciary then I fear little will be done
Tuesday 26 August 2014 4.53pm
Hi Jan. I personally have nothing against the clubbers if they go back to their cars and drive home quietly, and free of drugs and alcohol... i quite like having the Ministry close by (not that I have ever been. It is an institution.

as for laughing gas, it seems Amazon can supply them...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chargers-Highest-Quality-Liss-Canisters/dp/B006GMFEA2

truly shocking!
Tuesday 26 August 2014 4.57pm
Wow, I didn't realise this was such a problem....
Tuesday 26 August 2014 4.57pm
jcpse1 wrote:

as for laughing gas, it seems Amazon can supply them...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chargers-Highest-Quality-Liss-Canisters/dp/B006GMFEA2

truly shocking!

We can get alcohol from Tescos!

There is another thread in the forum about the Chaucer ward crime panel? I'm not suggesting you join but perhaps it's worth contacting the officer responsible for that?
Tuesday 26 August 2014 6.39pm
There were lots of nitrous oxide cartridges scattered about in Great Suffolk Street the other morning after one of the club nights in the car park there.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 26 August 2014 7.29pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Wow, I didn't realise this was such a problem....
Well done Hackney Council..come on Southwark, do your bit.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: