Elliott's Row Pocket Park - Invite for mural artists

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 27 August 2014 9.42am
Calling all mural artists... there's a brief out for a small wall in the Elliott's Row Pocket Park that I manage, closing deadline 30 September, budget 1,000. If you've not yet discovered the park it's at the Elephant end of St George's Road and is rather lovely. More info about the space, a link to the brief and a link to a gallery of photos here: http://www.pocketpark.org.uk/

Please spread the word about the brief, and if you're interested in joining the friends group there's a sign up page on the website too.

Wednesday 27 August 2014 4.13pm
You've done a great job there. I can see way more people and parents with children using the park now. It looks fab. Thanks for sprucing the area up and making it so much more enjoyable for all.
Wednesday 27 August 2014 4.22pm
Thanks, it's quite a satisfying turnaround with a budget of just 1,900 so far, and that was money from the generous donation from the failing bank of Rev Flowers. The approach used here to greening space managed through Mobile Gardeners CIC is closer to the spirit and techniques of guerrilla gardening than a lot of typical public space makeovers. It's an approach which can't easily be rolled out but is sometimes not given a chance to develop for the sake of a quick visible spruce so loved by most funders and fund raisers... but can be terribly wasteful with funding and short lived (I won't get into local examples, but I'm tempted).
Wednesday 27 August 2014 4.51pm
I'm always surprised at the adults sitting in this park without children and a can of beer in hand.
Wednesday 27 August 2014 5.06pm
Why is that a surprise? Not that I've seen any for absolutely ages, nor the evidence of their visits.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: