SE1 Hairdressers - 72, Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 27 August 2014 6.03pm
It looks as if the SE1 hair salon at 72, Bermondsey Street has closed down. I also saw online that the ground floor had been sold. Anyone know what is going to replace it?
Monday 8 September 2014 11.25am
Poor old George was forced out when the new landlord of the building upped his rent retrospectively (he'd not had a rent review for a while) and demanded an enormous sum, way out of his range. He had to close, even though he only wanted another 18 months before retiring. Very, very sad, and a particularly mean-spirited move on the part of the property owner, to my mind.

And my guess would be that the barber will make way for another posh eatery/coffee shop. Because, obviously, that's what the area so desperately needs...
Monday 8 September 2014 11.43am
littlej wrote:
Poor old George was forced out when the new landlord of the building upped his rent retrospectively (he'd not had a rent review for a while) and demanded an enormous sum, way out of his range. He had to close, even though he only wanted another 18 months before retiring.

Are you sure you're talking about the same place?
Monday 8 September 2014 11.59am
72 Bermondsey Street, it at the top end near the tunnel. Think you have the wrong place littlej.
Monday 8 September 2014 1.02pm
Apologies if confused. I didn't realise there was another hairdresser on the street. I'm on about the premises opposite Tanner Street park and next to Al's Cafe.
Monday 8 September 2014 1.03pm
I take that back. Of course I know SE1. I had my hair done there enough times when I first moved here. Having a real brain frazzle today. Argh...
Thursday 11 September 2014 7.39pm
That is a real shame - it was a great place to get a nice cut and blow dry - I was thinking of popping in tomorrow! Does anyone have any tips for other good local hairdressers?
Friday 12 September 2014 9.50am
oolong in Shad Thames! Lovely people there, have been in the area a long time! Recently rebranded.
Tuesday 6 January 2015 10.45am
Southerden Pastry Store is opening later this month at 72 Bermondsey Street

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 6 January 2015 2.48pm
thats a great addition to the street...was dreading another estate agents
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: