Three reception

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 31 August 2014 10.34pm
Hello, I have been having problems with Three reception in my home (Bermondsey Spa area) and was wondering if anyone else was struggling with the same issue.

I have heard multiple excuses from Three regarding mast issues, but I highly doubt a mast has been broken for the past year...

Is anyone else with Three and experiences little or no reception in their home? Has anyone successfully terminated a contract on those grounds?
Zoe
Monday 1 September 2014 6.03am
I also have pretty poor reception with three but they tell me reception is great in my area. I am just going to change when my contract is up. You would probably have fight it in the small claims court if you wanted to end the contract as they won't accept there is a problem.
Monday 1 September 2014 10.14am
I have a contract with Three, I live around 80 metres from the river in Rotherhithe, I am often in Tesco at Surrey Quays, and the new one in Jamaica road.
I walk to and from Bermondsey station three days per week.
I am also often in and around Butlers Wharf, Tooley Street, Southwark Street and Union Street, yesterday evening I was at the top of the Shard, and dined in Côte, Hays Galleria after that.
Knock on wood, I've had no service interruptions at all, maybe I'm just fortunate.
Monday 1 September 2014 3.59pm
Have you upgraded your contract recently? I renewed on T-Mobile earlier in the year and my coverage dropped alarmingly. Apparently the old SIM had problems with the update. They sent me a replacement and all was fine.

The guy in the shop told me this was quite a common problem when people changed their plans.
Tuesday 2 September 2014 8.27pm
T-Mobile and Three share masts and they were working on them just before the Bank Holiday so there wasn't any 3G for about 3 days.
I work near Tanner Street Park
I've recently moved from T-Mobile to Three and I get a much better signal and 4G than I ever did with T-Mobile.
It's worth checking the Three coverage map as they show when they are working on the masts.
Thursday 4 September 2014 6.19pm
The frequencies used by Three don't cope too well with new build flats which tend to have a lot of metal in the walls making a sort of Faraday cage
Thursday 4 September 2014 7.00pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage
Just had to google faraday cage. |It's all greek to me...
Tuesday 9 September 2014 8.35am
I have a poor indoor reception with Three, also in Bermondsey Spa.

Upgrading to a 4G phone didnt improve matters.

My gf on O2 has no problems at all.
Tuesday 9 September 2014 9.21am
Reception in Shad Thames is generally pony, I'm with EE and don't get a signal at home. Whenever I call to moan they just tell me that everything is fine. It's not much better in the City either.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: