one rule for them..

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 3 September 2014 11.57am
I have been sitting in my front room and for almost half an hour had the consistent drone of an engine running, looked outside and lo and behold there was a flipping road sweeping vehicle with engine going full pelt. If I had the energy I would go and tell him to turn it off, thought I would contact environmental health...and recording said you are in a queue etc. and as I am typing this it has been turned off..the noise I mean.

So can residents enforce the council to stop pollution whether of the air or the ears! would the council take action against it's self, I doubt it.
Wednesday 3 September 2014 5.11pm
Jan the old one wrote:
I have been sitting in my front room and for almost half an hour had the consistent drone of an engine running, looked outside and lo and behold there was a flipping road sweeping vehicle with engine going full pelt...
So can residents enforce the council to stop pollution whether of the air or the ears! would the council take action against it's self, I doubt it.

You have my sympathy Jan.

I once complained about a ridiculously early weekly refuse collection (about 7:15 am). I made the point that they prohibit constructors from making noise before 8 am for the limited duration of a project - so how was it reasonable for the council to plan to make a racket at 7:15 am every Tuesday ad infinitum?

As you can probably guess, I got nowhere.
Wednesday 3 September 2014 7.31pm
A few years back at about 2/3am there used to be a dustcart parked in new kent road near driscoll house with engine running and orange lights flashing. Think they had a regular run of picking up bags at that time. In fairness perhaps they thought there was no property n earby they would bother no one. The orange lights were more annoying because they would permeate through the curtains. I sent an e-mail and it stopped overnight and had a nice e-mail back apologising! Shame you did not get the same response Dave...if the plonkers in the sweeper are there tomorrow I will be straight out...tongue lashing the idiots, and if they continue I will report it to the councillors!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: