Bogus mattress sellers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 4 September 2014 10.48pm
Beware the bogus mattress sellers are doing the rounds again - Searles Road was the target this morning.
Friday 5 September 2014 7.35am
Can you tell us their modus operandi please?
Friday 5 September 2014 11.59am
What exactly do they do?
Friday 5 September 2014 2.52pm
Jules62 wrote:
What exactly do they do?

Possibly http://www.sleepcouncil.org.uk/2014/02/the-rip-off-van-scam/ ?
Friday 5 September 2014 6.36pm
They will knock on your door with a van outside with a plastic "Dreams" sign on or "Beds R Us" or perhaps a plain white van, as it was on Thursday, and say they have a surplus to a delivery "brand new memory foam mattresses for 100 or less" the link given by John C is exactly how these supposed surplus mattresses are made, so buyer beware.
Friday 5 September 2014 7.05pm
This is a real menace!

If anyone here who lives in SE1 is approached by these people, send them packing and post a warning here!
Friday 5 September 2014 11.39pm
I don't know if it's connected, but I saw a van tonight parked on Whittlesey Street. On the back was an advert for the best mattresses supplied to hotels. I thought it odd that it was parked on that street in the evening, and that it wasn't near a hotel.
Saturday 6 September 2014 8.33am
Thats a new scam on ' we had a big order for a carpet and the amount was overestimated..you can have a 12 x 12 for 7O'
Sunday 7 September 2014 9.49pm
I had a gentleman offering me surplus speakers in B&Q Old Kent Road some time ago.
I asked him to follow me to the cash-point.
He was still following me at Waterloo Bridge!

Scammers 0 - SE1er 1 !

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: