Moped noise on Spa Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 9 September 2014 8.27am
So every night without fail for the last six weeks or so, someone is driving a moped up and down Spa Road, mostly at night, and the noise of the thing is driving me insane. It sounds like whatever muffler was on the bike has been removed, so the drone of the engine is incredibly loud. I'm just off Alscot Road, so I don't see it, but I can hear it, always. I think the noise is now in my dreams..

I've seen it once during the day when I was in Spa Gardens, its a white moped, but I never got a license plate.

Has anyone else heard this?
What can be done about it? Is it something for the cops, or the council? It really is a serious nuisance, especially when he or she is tearing up and down the road late at night on the weekends.
Tuesday 9 September 2014 11.40pm
Call the police it is causing a nuisance at night, and during the day they've been seen riding it in the children's playarea so dangerous too.
Wednesday 10 September 2014 10.09am
I wonder if it's the same bike that roars up and down our street about 10-11 at night? By the time I get up and look it's gone, but the noise is horrendous like it's been souped up. Probably a bike mad teenager like my son used to be! having said that years ago my friends husband took the mufflers of his powerful bike as it made him feel he was 'riding a push bike without the lovely sound! of a engine' he was 38...
Wednesday 10 September 2014 12.56pm
Yes it's usually at night when the bike is riding around. It's more audible when the general daytime traffic is gone, which makes it more unbearable.

Dont suppose you have the license plate, 105pear?
Friday 12 September 2014 9.28pm
Nearly got run over today while perfectly legitimately and slowly (I'm old) cycling up the Neckinger cycle contraflow by some guy on one of those weird four wheeled motor bikes haring out of the new housing estate next to the sub power station without looking.
Thankfully his clearly un-baffeled exhaust was so loud I heard him coming before he raced out of the drive way and squashed me flat.
There goes the neighborhood.
Saturday 13 September 2014 10.34pm
just heard a bike roar down again...must move quicker...
Sunday 14 September 2014 11.15am
Sorry no number plate can't see from where I am only hear it. Police are aware but the more people who report will help to get action.

Your right the bike does seem to be coming from the New estate!!
Monday 15 September 2014 10.08am
I just missed him on Saturday, he was out with a mate on an orange scooter in the car park just in front of the Vauban estate, next to Spa Gardens. Didnt get the license plate.
Monday 15 September 2014 1.48pm
Yes it's hard to get number, but still report.

The bike could be stolen possibly, in which case they will hid it whilst not using, favorite places include bin houses and cupboards/electric cupboards on the estates so if people see anything like that should be reported too.
Tuesday 16 September 2014 10.24pm
The guy I nearly got squashed by was riding one of those stupid four wheeled motorbikes.
It clearly had had the silencers taken off.
He came out of the driveway from the new flats by the sub power station on Neckinger turning towards Spa Road.
Different clearly from orange moped guy but still annoying.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: