Safety around Decima St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 11 September 2014 9.08am
Hi all!

I'm a young female professional thinking of renting a flat on Decima St. I am somewhat familiar with the larger area having been to restaurants on Bermondsey St and rock climbing at the Biscuit Factory. I've also been looking at flats around Spa Rd, but I prefer Decima St for now because it is walking distance to London Bridge and Borough tube.

I really like the energy of the area, however I noticed that on Decima St at night it can be quite quiet. I frequently work late and would be walking back at 10-11pm from either Borough or London Bridge tube stations. I'd be grateful to hear from anyone familiar with the street and area - have you ever had any safety concerns? How do you feel about the area more generally?

I'm looking to give the landlord an answer by the end of the week so really appreciate any views from you lovely people! Thanks very much!
Thursday 11 September 2014 11.07am
Having lived a few streets away I'd say it is safer than Spa Road area, either way I do not think it is what you'd call unsafe.
Jac
Friday 12 September 2014 7.35am
Colinio wrote:
Having lived a few streets away I'd say it is safer than Spa Road area, either way I do not think it is what you'd call unsafe.

Agree whilst i dont walk down decima street itself at night often as i have no need to i have lived very close by for 19 years often walked home from london bridge and borough and have never felt unsafe . Although i prefer walking back from borough than london bridge given a choice but not enough to bother changing if im using the jubilee line
Friday 12 September 2014 8.58am
Thanks everyone this is really helpful! I think I will go ahead with the flat, now just fingers crossed I get it :)
Friday 12 September 2014 12.58pm
se1newbie wrote:
Thanks everyone this is really helpful! I think I will go ahead with the flat, now just fingers crossed I get it :)

Good luck and welcome to SE1!
Sunday 14 September 2014 9.28pm
I go through Decima and live on SPa road. I cycle through both late at night. I would say the front way home to decima from London bridge down bermonsey street would be more busy and more safe (although touch wood Ive never had an issue in either location). Decima from Tabard is really quiet - more than spa road but the front way would be better. Good luck with the flat. it is an amazing area to live.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: