Rape in SE15

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 12 September 2014 8.18pm
Jules62; not sure of the relevance of your post.
Friday 12 September 2014 8.27pm
yeah read it, terrible, its just a warning for ladies in area to be careful. I think thats relevance of the post. thanks for warning.
Friday 12 September 2014 8.36pm
Karen I wrote:
Jules62; not sure of the relevance of your post.

The relevance of my post rests with the notion that I wish our laws recognized the right for lone women walking the streets at night to defend themselves with deadly force against sexual predators when necessary.

That poor victim would have stood a far better chance of avoiding her appalling ordeal if she was legally packing.

Why does it have to be only the criminals who are tooled-up?
Friday 12 September 2014 8.47pm
I do agree, thats why women should learn self defence, its better then nothing, its amazing what damage can be done to an attacker, even with high heeled shoes if you wear them, they are weapons themselves. Carrying your keys, they also are good, they showed us lots of stuff at self defence years ago. The moves unfortunately you have to keep up to remember them, since my painful back I would have trouble with practising the movements, but I think when you are in danger your other pains go away all of a sudden, the problem is, these attackers see us ladies as the weaker sex and yes ok maybe we get more threatened then a man would. but if police and no one is going to be there for us, then we got to fight ourselves. They think they can just go take a female from the street and rape them. Also women carry hair sprays etc, another good defence.
Friday 12 September 2014 10.43pm
Just imagine the victim walking down this road at 04:00, and becoming aware of a man following her:

She must have been totally terrified when she turned into this side street and was attacked and raped:

If only she had the legal means to take down her attacker before he was able to strike...

The police can't be everywhere at all times: criminals are well aware of this and exploit this lack of cover to victimize people.

The victim in this case tried to call the cops, but it didn't work out for her.

Showing a gun would have been the best deterrent she could have resorted to, and if it didn't deter, she could always have actually used it as a last resort: better a rapist shot than a woman raped.
Saturday 13 September 2014 2.49am
sorry ,

but as someone who has carried a covert firearm in previous employment - that holster is next to useless
Saturday 13 September 2014 8.22am
Is Nutcroft Road in SE1?
Saturday 13 September 2014 9.39am
Peckham, I think - SE15
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: