Litte Pedlars Kickstarter

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 14 September 2014 9.31pm
Hi I wanted to raise awareness on Se1 for little pedlars quest to get a bigger oven in order to grow their business based on Spa Terminus via Kickstarter. We get their rye sourdough and it is amazing. They also have a local café on abbey street. I intend to support and thought in the interest of local businesses, some of you may also be interested. No connection to them at all. You get some good things for your pledge too including year supply of bread!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/510953911/an-oven-for-the-little-bread-pedlar
Sunday 14 September 2014 10.41pm
Their bread is lovely but the cafe on abbey street is a strange place. Rarely and irregularly open, and often seems to have lock-ins of some sort going on. Would love to see it open a bit more!
Monday 15 September 2014 8.43pm
i think they have a mailing list for events they run but ive never been to that place
Monday 15 September 2014 10.37pm
Not sure I grasp the modern nature of this appeal. A private business that sells nice bread wants the public to give them £33,000 to buy an oven and if you give them £1000 they will teach you and mates how to make a sour-dough bread. Is that right?
Wednesday 17 September 2014 10.58pm
I like this way of raising money. It's not a hard sell, you can contribute as little as £5 and directly help a small local business. At least they're paying it back in a way they can afford and not at the extortionate rates of interest - currently up to 15% - banks are charging for business loans, IF you can get one, that is. Good luck to them.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: