Tentazioni shop

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 15 September 2014 7.33pm
Saw a sign in the window of Tentazioni in Shad Thames this evening announcing that they have closed permanently! Such a shame, loved that place. Does anyone know why?
Monday 15 September 2014 9.09pm
Maybe they moved out before the stench of the nearby super-sewer arrives...
Monday 15 September 2014 11.32pm
Great spot, but never seemed particularly busy. Shad Thames is a strange place - all those affluent residents, but still unable to keep places like this, or even their restaurant, busy. Lets hope the restaurant doesn't follow.
Tuesday 16 September 2014 7.42am
I believe that the change of ownership of the freehold of the Circle complex meant that rents for the retail units went up. Apparently, this squeezed them out. It's a real shame - lovely little business.
Tuesday 16 September 2014 11.03am
Oh no! l loved Tentazioni! Used to go there for lunch when I still worked in Shad Thames.
Tuesday 16 September 2014 12.11pm
FWD- Thanks for the response, interesting to know.

If they didn't go now I'm sure they would have got driven out of business the minute Tesco turns up a few doors down (assuming that they get the planning permission).
Tuesday 16 September 2014 10.39pm
Loved Tentazione too, nice for coffee, lunch or take away from the deli. Welcoming friendly staff. What a shame it is closing.
Wednesday 17 September 2014 2.18pm
It was great for dinner in the evening if Mrs Greek was out and I had to fend for myself.
Wednesday 17 September 2014 8.53pm
Wonder if they can open a deli in or around their restaurant premises, which are sadly also often mostly empty.
Sunday 21 September 2014 3.52pm
I have always understood that it was a very nice restaurant indeed, but I did find it looked quite expensive. Eating out has become quite competitive and, although nowhere 'cheap', certainly more affordable than the prices on the menu of Tentazioni. This may be one of the reasons they are out of business.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: