Charles Dickens Primary Expansion

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6
Wednesday 16 August 2017 1.42pm
I have also been here for over 10 years now.

You must look onto the part that used to be Lant Street. This was closed 8-9 years ago, and residents were promised at that time a nice garden area to use...never happened. It sat derelict for a number of years.

Before any of this building, there were Saturday and Sunday groups using the School to sing, play music and use loudspeakers and make general noise - every weekend! from 9am until 2/3pm. SUNDAY!!!!!

The kitchen of the school would leave their extractor fan on 24hrs, keeping us awake with its humming (oddly loud, like a generator), this has stopped since i emailed them. Admittedly they were really good and sorted it out for me.

The noise you are experiencing directly now, we had for a year and a half, overlooking the main new structure, you must have heard some of this...at first i found it interesting to watch the works and i have documented daily photos of the progress. 6 months ago my interest stopped - i got fed up with the noise....final straw. It is summer and we cant leave windows open because of the constant noise. I cant work, socialize, relax at home anymore.

Last sunday was a silent rest day....and it really struck home how amazing i found the silence. I sat on my balcony and just enjoyed it! This has made me complain today, as ive finally had enough.

I am wondering if we cant get a few people together on here that suffer from the noise and we email the school. I know my neighbour called them but got quite a negative deffensive response.
Wednesday 16 August 2017 5.46pm
Blimey Surfcaz, when is the estimated finish date? Are they going at it hammer and tongs to complete it before new school term? No pun Intended. Forgive me for being so dense, is it in the school where all the work is taking place? I don't get chance to come on here so often.
Wednesday 16 August 2017 7.54pm
Thank you neighbours, for speaking up and corroborating the blatent breaches of the human rights act (still in europe!!!!!!) and our individual human right to privacy and unharrassed home space.

I stupidly took holiday at home and also do often work at home too.
Not once have I been able to sleep in. Not once. This morning it was 7.50am that the weird mechanical squeaking started. Then the builders shouting to one another.
Council noise control stated that no building works specifically on lant street had been permittted -no evidence of planning permission. But they would not inform the 'correct department'. Apparently it was my job to find out who that was.
And I'm not the only one to call up either.

It's ridiculous actually.

Which mp can we elicit support and assistance from? Am out of date on current names. Pointless calling the school, they're not bothered.
Thursday 17 August 2017 12.40pm
Bloggie wrote:
Thank you neighbours, for speaking up and corroborating the blatent breaches of the human rights act (still in europe!!!!!!) and our individual human right to privacy and unharrassed home space.
I stupidly took holiday at home and also do often work at home too.
Not once have I been able to sleep in. Not once. This morning it was 7.50am that the weird mechanical squeaking started. Then the builders shouting to one another.
Council noise control stated that no building works specifically on lant street had been permittted -no evidence of planning permission. But they would not inform the 'correct department'. Apparently it was my job to find out who that was.
And I'm not the only one to call up either.

It's ridiculous actually.

Which mp can we elicit support and assistance from? Am out of date on current names. Pointless calling the school, they're not bothered.

Unfortunately, our local MP is Neil Coyle, who was one of the councillor's in favour of the school's expansion, so I doubt we'll get any support from him.

I have given up on objecting to these works, because it appears that everything has been done in a back-handed way, by the council in support of the school. It's like local residents (and their objections) simply do not matter.

I mean, why would a school employ a company of solicitors to push for expansion. They were always going to win against a group of local residents, because they know how to push a case in a way which those of us unfamiliar with the law could match!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: