Charles Dickens Primary Expansion

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6
Monday 13 July 2015 3.30pm
Dear All,

Today I have followed up this issue with David Noakes, Adele Morris and Maria Linforth-Hall.

Questions are still unanswered as to why our case was not put forward after contacting three councillors and also after formal objections were made.

If you would like me to circulate the responses to you please contact me on

mark_corrigan@hotmail.com

If you did raise a formal objection please let me know so that we can get an idea of numbers.

Regards

Mark
Monday 31 July 2017 3.10pm
the part of lant street roadway that the school gated off, is being dug up this week.

Tarmac jack hammering all week -
A neighbour just told me that southwark council refuse to take complaints about this. Wft?!
Seems to be violation of environmental controls and no planning permission... rudely awakening us all yet again with construction noises!
Wednesday 2 August 2017 5.20pm
What work are they doing, Bloggie?
How long will it last?

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 2 August 2017 10.20pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
What work are they doing, Bloggie?
How long will it last?
No idea, can't find any planning permission for that bit. They are digging up lant street road behind the gates. Saw a few flat bed lorries go in. They are digging up right down underneath including the road foundations.
Thursday 3 August 2017 11.04am
So it could be a few days, or it could be longer.
It could be essential maintenance. It could be part of the existing approved building works.
In fact it could be anything...

Friday 11 August 2017 10.01pm
Is life still troublesome, Bloggie, or did the work just last a day or three?

Saturday 12 August 2017 12.39pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Is life still troublesome, Bloggie, or did the work just last a day or three?
don't be an arse ivanhoho
Building works noises start from 7.30am most august days. From mechanical squeak noises to shouting to banging. Drilling hammer type noises on and off all august.
Sunday 13 August 2017 5.26pm
No need for the language- just asking whether the playground work was still going on.

Wednesday 16 August 2017 12.24pm
The noise is every day, Monday to Saturday has been going on almost consistently for a year and a half, if not almost two years. I directly overlook the main playground and am woken every morning with shouting, and lorries and clattering and then works noise at 8am sharp. 6 days a week! there were some times when workmen were hammering and drilling on a sunday and bank holiday also. I have not complained until now.

How can this possibly take so long. Is anyone else quite stressed by constant noise? I own my flat but am considering moving out due to the noise.

The playground is now raised and therefore closer to the flats. The headteacher promised us at the consultation in 2014 the area would be for quite study and allotments - it is not, make no mistake - it is a playground. This is fair, but not when we were told otherwise. My complaint is mainly about the construction works however.

I have not complained once to the school or any forum until now. I have had enough of all the noise, our quality of life is suffering. I work from home a fair bit and have to wear noise cancelling headphones, and take work calls in the hallway outside my flat when the construction noise has been too loud. I understand building will be done, it is central london, but for almost two years - what is going on here?

Another point to make is on parking - the road at the front entrace has been blocked off, and the resident parking bays have been out of use for two years, making parking quite hard. They were blocked off even for the period of quiet, when the works took a 3-4 month break a year or so ago.

Discuss......

Appologies if people dont agree with what ive said.

C
Wednesday 16 August 2017 2.05pm
Thank you Surfcaz - I do agree with you - wholeheartedly. I vowed never to post again on this forum because their are too many people lurking on it who seem to suffer quite badly from the Stockholm Syndrome. However I have had to vent my anger once more as the noise coming from the school has been absolutely excruciating since early July when the school broke up. Some kind of grinding that is almost unbearable and is going more or less constantly. It is absolutely deafening and horrifically grating. It is going on now as I write. We have lived here since 2004 and each and every school holiday (winter/spring/summer breaks) we have had this noise and disturbance from the school. I wish the head teachers could live where we do and just witness it for one day. But I don't honestly think they care. I agree this is really ruining our quality of life here. What I don't understand is when you look through the gates they only seem to making a small play area on what was the public highway known for years as Lant Street so why this absolutely constant and deafening noise - which by the way really does start at 6.30 am - and which sounds more like the noise of a major major building site.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: