Who are these visitors to SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 24 September 2014 4.34pm
Readers may remember that earlier this year the "achingly fashionable, uber cool" low rise Quadrant House was threatened with demolition.
This scared the living daylights out of residents, as you would expect.
This afternoon a suited and booted delegation were seen walking around the building with clipboards, measuring up.
We wonder why? If anyone knows who these people are please let us know.
Residents photographed some of them as they strode importantly past.

Wednesday 24 September 2014 4.40pm
If it's the same as we get, I think they're students of architecture, we get them all the time in Peabodies.

It could be that QH has sprung into the architectural limelight after being hidden all these years.

EDIT: didn't see the pics, they don't look too studenty.
Wednesday 24 September 2014 4.47pm
boroughonian wrote:
EDIT: didn't see the pics, they don't look too studenty.

Sorry about that Boroughonian, I pasted the wrong BBCode link. Everything is now working.
Wednesday 24 September 2014 7.48pm
maybe they're people from savills?

last night, at a local tra agm meeting, cllr livingstone (cab.member for housing) let slip council is working with savills to work out the condition of the council housing stock, ie what's worth it, what isn't, i guess http://www.peoplesrepublicofsouthwark.co.uk/hold-news/news/3550-we-want-to-improve-our-relationship-with-the-leaseholders
Thursday 25 September 2014 4.04pm
Mystery solved.
A couple of QH residents spoke to them, and were given cards. The group were from CBRE.
Thursday 25 September 2014 6.45pm
Isn't that quite worrying then?
Thursday 25 September 2014 9.12pm
[quote JazzyQ]

JazzyQ, how did you paste those pictures into your post? I would like to post a picture into another thread. Thank you!
Friday 26 September 2014 6.56am
"JazzyQ, how did you paste those pictures into your post? I would like to post a picture into another thread. Thank you!"

I use http://imgur.com/ but there are many others.
With imgur, after you have uploaded an image, on the right is the url for blogs and forums - copy and paste that into your post.
Friday 26 September 2014 8.44am
JazzyQ, many thanks for the response, it's much appreciated.
What I'm trying to achieve is to copy the image in the same way you have done above. Haven't succeeded. If you look in the "Charles Dickens Primary Expansion" thread, you'll see that the picture is way too big. Any advice?
I don't have so much time, but think it's crucial everyone in SE1 can see for themselves what the plans for Charles Dickens School are.
Thanks again
Friday 26 September 2014 8.48am
"you'll see that the picture is way too big. Any advice?"

You will have to reduce the size of the image (in an image editor) before you upload it. I would say 500px is the maximum width you could use on this forum.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network