Waitrose

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 15
Thursday 25 September 2014 6.57pm
Been informed that Waitrose have just signed up to the supermarket unit at the South Bank Tower development on Stamford Street.
Friday 26 September 2014 8.57am
I do hope so.
Please Waitrose let it be more than just a competitor to Sainsburys and Tesco locals, somewhere I can buy Charlie Bighams steak and ale pies.
Friday 26 September 2014 9.00am
Bankside Lad wrote:
Been informed that Waitrose have just signed up to the supermarket unit at the South Bank Tower development on Stamford Street.

Will it be a proper Waitrose (similar to Katherine's Dock?) or more something like that non-entity on the the other side of London Bridge?
Friday 26 September 2014 12.25pm
Just to confirm that I was told this as well by someone at the scheme. From the floorplans it looks like it would definitely be larger than a Mini, but not a truly full size one either... Maybe comparable in size to the M&S at Bankside...
Friday 26 September 2014 12.28pm
From the Ground Floor Plan it looks to be around 1000m2, pretty large by current standards - but a 'Metro' in tesco language, rather than an 'Express' or 'standard'. Great news anyway.
Friday 26 September 2014 1.42pm
GaryWM wrote:
Just to confirm that I was told this as well by someone at the scheme. From the floorplans it looks like it would definitely be larger than a Mini, but not a truly full size one either... Maybe comparable in size to the M&S at Bankside...

Oh, that'd be good! I shop at M&S Bankside probably more than I do at the local Tescos and Sainsburys. I have to say though, I enjoy going to Waitrose in St Katherine's dock, if only for the walk there...
Jac
Friday 26 September 2014 4.30pm
I have heard that there is going to be a waitrose at just about every development in SE1 that included a supermarket for at least the last 5 years. Had they all been waitrose we would now be begging for a Sainsbury's or Tesco to break the monopoly. I will believe when I see it.
Friday 26 September 2014 4.53pm
Jac wrote:
I have heard that there is going to be a waitrose at just about every development in SE1 that included a supermarket for at least the last 5 years. Had they all been waitrose we would now be begging for a Sainsbury's or Tesco to break the monopoly. I will believe when I see it.

The latest I heard was that the bicycle shop in the Cut was going to be a Waitrose, that was only last week.
Friday 26 September 2014 5.17pm
I am with Jac on this one.....I will believe it as & when it happens ! they only have 2 x formats - Little Waitrose and normal Waitrose - they are wanting to open more Little Waitrose stores in London for sure....so we will see !
Friday 26 September 2014 5.55pm
What is it about Waitrose that gets all you guys excited?
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 15

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: