Noise disturbance from Old School Yard

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 26 September 2014 11.39pm
Is anyone else being disturbed by noise from the Old School Yard on Long Lane, SE1? I am repeatedly being disturbed late at night by their customers standing outside the bar screaming and shouting. I'm sick to death of it! Not sure what to do, or who to contact? Their licensing agreement states that 'Noise and vibration shall not eminate from the premises so as to cause a nuisance to nearby properties ' and 'notices shall be displayed requesting that customers leave the premises in a quiet and orderly manner.' All pretty pointless when the noise is coming from right outside the premises.
Saturday 27 September 2014 12.04am
If the bar is still run by the same people, I would email them and address it to Darren.
http://www.theoldschoolyard.com/contact.php
I know he is a really nice bloke who will take your complaint on board.
Saturday 27 September 2014 6.10pm
Claudia, we have lived with noise disturbance from three separate bars at the back of our block of flats. Please phone the noise nuisance team every time you are disturbed. You don't have to wait until they call you back, you can just tell them you want the complaint logging, but I would suggest that you ask them to come to you property at least once so they can judge for themselves. By all means contact the owners, but download a copy of their license agreement and attach this to the letter/email and point out where they are breaching their 'contract'. If this doesn't work, contact the license team at the council and ask what they can do to support you. The licensing team are currently being very supportive regarding our complaints, although we have had to kick up a big fuss. (Having said that, we are still nagging about the noise and doing our own monitoring eg counting how many drinkers are outside after 10pm.) We have learned that logging noise, and recording dates and times is very important.
Monday 29 September 2014 8.27am
I agree with beetroot - get in touch with Darren if it's causing you problems. I know him well and he's very approachable and does do his best to keep disturbances down from experience. They employ a very dilligent bouncer on Fridays and Saturdays who doesn't take much cr@p from the punters and does his best to disperse people at closing time.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: