Painting Southwark Council Refuse Bins

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 30 September 2014 1.05pm
Hi there,

Once again I turn to SE1'ers for help.

We hire 2 industrial size refuse bins for the (private)residential block that I live in. Due to the bins being at the side of the building all and sundry see it as their right to fly tip there.

Someone has suggested that it may have something to do with the fact that these bins have Southwark Council written on them. They suggested that we paint over the Southwark Council logo.

I have tried several times to talk to someone(in fact anyone)at Southwark Council and explain our problem and to see if we can have the council's permision to paint over the logo's. The response I get from the people that I have talked to so far is, It's not me you need to speak to, try so and so.

If anyone knows the individual/department that I need to talk to I would be very grateful.

Thanks and regards
Alex.
Tuesday 30 September 2014 4.27pm
If the council makes it that difficult to get in touch with the appropriate people I'd just paint over the logo with waterbased paint and wait for the appropriate dept to get in touch with me ;-)
Tuesday 30 September 2014 4.39pm
Please post the answer when you get it because our bins are so bashed and ugly we have thought about painting them. They are on our estate and I can't see that it makes any difference. In your case though, it would be hard to prove they were yours if they were stolen. They are metal, and metal stuff is being stolen for scrap weight all the time. The logo is some protection against theft.
Tuesday 30 September 2014 8.20pm
Thanks Mini Haha, I like your idea. If the the mountain won't come to Mohammed comes to mind.

I may very well go ahead and paint over the Southwark Council sign, especially when I have received no help from the Environmental officers (who said that they could/would not help as our property is privately owned and not council owned) with regards to the fly tipping incidents that I have reported.

As an aside Southwark Council charge us over 300.00 a year for the privilege of having these bins. Now where is that paintbrush?

Regards
Alex.
Tuesday 30 September 2014 8.22pm
Hello Karen I, you have my sympathy, and if I find out anything that may be of use to you I will certainly pass it on.

Regards
Alex.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: