New Coffee Shop on Union Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 30 September 2014 5.35pm
A new coffee shop has opened on Union Street close to Flat Iron Square and the junction with Ayers Street. Looks a lovely little place - run by the 'Gentleman Baristas'
They have done a lovely job at fitting out the space, and it's great to see an independent outlet open off the beaten track. Coffee is excellent too!
Tuesday 30 September 2014 9.02pm
Meanwhile, in Italy.

Not a hipster in sight, and the coffee must please the most demanding of users...
Wednesday 1 October 2014 9.16am
Especially when it takes over twenty seconds to stir a small cup
Wednesday 1 October 2014 10.07am
Thebunhouse wrote:
Especially when it takes over twenty seconds to stir a small cup

Just goes to show how important a properly prepared espresso is...
Wednesday 1 October 2014 10.50am
I went on opening day and enjoyed a very good cup of coffee,full of flavour and with an interesting conversation with one of the owners about the coffee being used and their plans for the future.I will definately be going back there again.
Wednesday 1 October 2014 1.17pm
I had a coffee there today. Still in the process of starting up I think, as it smelt of redecoration. However, it was a very nice cup of coffee and there were friendly staff.

It wasn't a homely place and it is already full of trendy hipsters... which puts me off slightly :-)
Wednesday 1 October 2014 10.16pm
There are hipsters in SE1?
Wednesday 1 October 2014 11.04pm
There are a few...

40 Maltby Street for a pesticide-free glass of languedoc. Bermondsey Street is home to a succession of hipster joints: start at Pizarro at the bottom, and work your way up past Zucca and the rest.

214 Bermondsey is dedicated to the spirit that sent London staggering into the gutter during the eighteenth century. Gin’s image as a ruiner of mothers, a rotter of guts and a corrupter of the poor is no more; it has also survived its time as the drink of choice for the reposing colonialist. It’s now the city’s coolest spirit, with young gin-loving hipsters (‘ginsters’?) setting up their own boutique distilleries by the barrel-load.

CLUB PARADISE "London's first club for single hipsters"
Thursday 2 October 2014 8.57am
What is the bigger clichè, the friendly hipster or the friendly mocking thereof?
Thursday 2 October 2014 10.43am
Great news! We have plenty of room for a decent coffee shop in SE1. Now bring on the Thai restaurant
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: