Accordion player hatfields

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 1 October 2014 4.52pm
Does anyone know this chap - he normally sits in the garden area of styles house on hatfields playing an accordian for a couple of hours most weekdays

Whilst i appreciate his talent , it becomes a bit annoying when your trying to sleep whilst on night shifts, and today i heard one of my neighbours shouting abuse at him about the noise.

If anyone does know the chap could you ask him to maybe move to one of the benches at the front of styles house
Wednesday 1 October 2014 5.47pm
He lives in Styles House and I will pass on this message. I hadn't realised that the music was so loud and he practices outside so he doesn't disturb his neighbours!
Saturday 4 October 2014 3.39pm
I live nearby also,and I open my windows so that I can hear him. He brings rustic cheer into the cacophony of emergency vehicles, helicopters and building works that we have surrounding us.He certainly isn't there every day, such exaggeration.Windows would have to be closed during the day anyway,it would be very difficult to sleep with the screaming of police cars etc.almost bringing on a heart attack with their randomness,my heart races like mad when one passes.How could anyone object to an oasis of calm ?
I was actually shocked to find that someone had shouted abuse at the player.I only hope that he doesn't read this article.
Saturday 4 October 2014 4.28pm
ninja999 wrote:
...playing an accordian for a couple of hours most weekdays

SandyPandy wrote:
He certainly isn't there every day, such exaggeration.

Hmmm
Saturday 4 October 2014 5.37pm
It is true. He does not play the instrument every day, and it is never for as long as 2 hours.
Saturday 4 October 2014 8.45pm
What will the poor bloke do when it gets colder?
Sunday 5 October 2014 8.56am
Ninja999 did not say that the accordionist plays every day so stop attacking on that front and trying to negate the point being made.
I walk by every afternoon and often hear the music and enjoy it but it is not every afternoon that I hear it.
I live opposite on Hatfields and do not hear the music once I am indoors but can sympathise with ninja because when I did nightwork and tried to sleep during the day any unusual noise kept me awake, traffic noise, trains, emergency vehicles etc were normally OK and did not cause me a problem but loud voices and noisy building works were always a disturbance and nuisance to me.
Perhaps he can use one of the outbuildings or even the community hall when it gets cold and thus avoid upsetting ninja and her abusive neighbour.
Sunday 5 October 2014 11.42am
Karen I wrote:
It is true. He does not play the instrument every day

Wow. You really need to get someone to read the thread for you.
Sunday 5 October 2014 12.00pm
I hope the accordion player doesn't hear about this thread, it might put him off playing altogether. He seems like a considerate bloke if he plays outside in order not to disturb his neighbours in Styles House... Are the outbuildings or the community hall as suggested an option?
Sunday 5 October 2014 12.21pm
He does Edward, so much so that if I were Ninja I would have a sit down with the fellow and explain the problem (whilst taking an interest in his squeezebox), perhaps a more appropriate time RE: Ninja's sleep could be arranged.
I'ts a toughie this, I always have the option of night work and it considerably bumps up my salary, I'm fortunate to have the choice but I have concluded that I simply live in the wrong place for it to be an option, there's always something going on that would disturb my sleep during the day, what can you do?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: