Seriously good hair colourist

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 2 October 2014 11.15am
Can anyone recommend a good - and I mean really good - hair colourist who is particularly talented working with blonde hair? I've had my hair bleached out one two many times (having lost my old, reliable hairdresser to foreign shores), so have decided to take to the forum. Personal recommendations are always best when getting your barnet sorted.

Doesn't have to be in SE1, and preferably not someone who's insanely expensive (though I realise, to some degree, you get what you pay for). Does anyone out there know of a hidden gem, by any chance?
Thursday 2 October 2014 1.45pm
I find Toni at Oolong hair on Shad Thames very good with colour. Not cheap but as you say yet tend to get what you pay for with colour. He's very honest which I think is important!
Thursday 2 October 2014 2.49pm
You need Lisa Hauck.

Most definitely not SE1, she's in Primrose Hill but I get there easily on the 168 to the Roundhouse and walk round.

Sorry, no idea about prices for colour as I only have cuts but she's not extortionate for that. Been going for about seven years. A friend has her colour done there and has done for years and she always looks absolutely fabulous (she's blonde).

Lisa is really gifted, and independent which I find better - and, her Mum runs front of house and bakes everyday so there is always a supply of fresh yummy things on offer (free).

So much a hidden gem that I am loathe to recommend her.

Lisa Hauck
Friday 3 October 2014 8.19am
I can recommend Corlia at Hair Candy in Bermondsey (www.hcandy.co.uk/)

I always get compliments on my colour and I have it done in a range of blonde shades
Friday 3 October 2014 7.55pm
I would recommend the wonderful team at Malishi. I've had a few colourists there and they are all great. Very natural.
Monday 9 March 2015 5.02pm
I too would recommend Corlia at Hair Candy just off Jamaica Rd near Bermondsey tube. She is delightful, an excellent colourist & cutter. The salon is relaxed & friendly & inexpensive. Full marks!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: