Futuristic

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 2 October 2014 2.49pm
I like this.

Although it makes Ivanhoe's comment about paving over the Thames a bit prophetic...
Thursday 2 October 2014 3.13pm
WOW!!

Much more innovative/useful than a garden bridge, imho.

For my money, I would much rather that this, or the idea for a South Bank walkway (a walkway that extends into the river space) were built than the proposed Garden Bridge.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 2 October 2014 3.47pm
I don't mind the idea, but how does it get to Canary Wharf?
Thursday 2 October 2014 3.59pm
Good point.

(Perhaps they could build another bridge by Canary Wharf. They could, I don't know, fill it with trees and stuff...)

Being less flippant, I suppose they could use the ferry service from the Hilton over by City Farm?

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 2 October 2014 5.22pm
That would have been great when I worked there Ivanhoe, when getting a minicab from new kent road area to bank street would range from 12 to 15 pounds! when i queried it driver said well it's over the river..innit! lol
Thursday 9 October 2014 5.45pm
Not everyone likes this.
Thursday 9 October 2014 7.06pm
This doesn't sound like an awful idea, but it doesn't take into account that on the South side of the river there are some mooring facilities: how would the vessels based there be able to navigate if this proposal was implemented?
Thursday 9 October 2014 7.16pm
I can only think that it will be situated on the North of the river and that pic' is not entirely truthful.
Thursday 9 October 2014 7.45pm
"It is uncertain where the route would meet land at Battersea and Canary Wharf but the designs may please businesspeople critical of the Cycle Crossrail proposals, who voiced fears the on-road routes would hinder motor traffic"

Article here.
Thursday 9 October 2014 8.38pm
boroughonian wrote:
I can only think that it will be situated on the North of the river and that pic' is not entirely truthful.

If this pathway was located on the North side, it would block off other mooring points among which are the Marine Policing Unit of the Met Police, the RLNI Lifeboat Station and Riverbus service stops.

This concept needs some more thought in my opinion...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: