158-162 New Kent Road (opposite BP)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 2 October 2014 2.31pm
If the occupiers of the properties at the above address' are on the forum, can they cut back the over hanging branching on the footpath. I was knocked by a cyclist this morning trying to dodge getting my eye poked out.

I do not think its the responsbility of the council to main trees within your boundary wall.

Thank you!
Thursday 2 October 2014 4.16pm
Agree - they're becoming a real hazard - and there are some in Balfour Street round the corner too. I suspect any passer-by could trim them... as long as they didn't remove the branches but returned them to the owner.... tempting to take secateurs on my next trip to the bus stop!
Thursday 2 October 2014 4.20pm
good pair of secatours Pops if they are not removed, then throw them into the offending garden! You can ring the council and they can send someone round and insist they get cut back because of the danger of blind people poking their eye out. Not sure what dept. that would come under now..
Thursday 2 October 2014 4.53pm
Jan the old one wrote:
good pair of secatours Pops if they are not removed, then throw them into the offending garden! You can ring the council and they can send someone round and insist they get cut back because of the danger of blind people poking their eye out. Not sure what dept. that would come under now..

Thought of contacting the council but didn't know who.

I don't have any tools or I would do it!!

Wonder if fix my street would help? Now there's a thought!!
Friday 3 October 2014 9.33am
I have been wondering when these bushes might actually get cut back, having nearly lost an eye a few times!

Maybe a polite note through the door would help!?
Friday 3 October 2014 9.35am
Pops kit used to come under the same department that would tell shops to move their signs/chairs etc., try highways...or phone the old 7525 5000 number see if you get one of the old telephonists, they will know.
Friday 3 October 2014 10.00am
It's now on FixMyStreet - and the tool response update says the report has been shared with TfL street management..... fingers crossed
Friday 3 October 2014 10.56am
SophieLondon wrote:
It's now on FixMyStreet - and the tool response update says the report has been shared with TfL street management..... fingers crossed

Thats was me SophieLondon!!! Fingers crossed something gets done!
Tuesday 7 October 2014 8.09am
They have been cut back. I dont think it was the residents as its to tidy cut!!!
Tuesday 7 October 2014 11.33am
great news

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: