Mural in Avon Place

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 10 October 2014 5.21pm
Mural in this alley finally started being painted last week - all a bit weird with some psyched-out fox with stuff erupting from his head. what's that about? supposed to be funded by Cleaner Safer Greener -can't see how- is this what the the council spends our money on?

Related news & features

Thursday 16 October 2014 4.30pm
Hi Boro dweller, do you not like the mural? I'm currently writing an article on it and would be very interested to hear your opinion.
Sunday 19 October 2014 2.45pm
It is not yet a case of liking it or not - i'll tell you when its finished. It is just weird I thought community street art had to have some purpose or meaning especially if paid for by the council. I don't get it. What the heck is the fox gotta do with anything? They might at least have put some poster up that explained what it is we are paying for. doesnt yet give me any sense of community feeling or pride
Sunday 19 October 2014 3.34pm
Just spoke to one of the artists. The fox is apparently the local one that got blamed for chewing through the brake pipes of parked cars recently.
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/7216

Boro dweller - do you actually understand the famous murals in the subways at the Elephant and Castle? I've always thought they are extremely weird - and they don't have a poster explaining them either. And there's even a campaign to preserve them.

"is this what the the council spends our money on?" - see
http://www.southwark.gov.uk/cleanergreenersafer for other examples - you don't need to approve of all of them. I've no idea how much the campaign costs, but it's probably a pretty minimal bite out of the sacred council tax.
Sunday 19 October 2014 8.58pm
i thought the flyer said it was to do with 500 years of Trinity House of the lighthouses fame.A fox seems completely out of place It is not a very attractive looking animal and what the heck is that gunk coming out of his head? In my humble opinion the mural should be one theme or another - foxes with weird heads does not seem to have much to do with lighthouses regardless of any local infamy it might have. I never heard of foxes eating cables round here

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: