Post box on The Cut and Blackfriars Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Zoe
Monday 13 October 2014 7.37pm
Apologies if this was covered and I missed it, but these post boxes are both closed. Anyone know why/when this happened?

Related news & features

Monday 13 October 2014 10.47pm
Baldrick told me he thinks it's a cunning plan to stop the residents of RHH writing to anybody and thus reducing the replies they can expect from their correspondents and a subsequent lightening of the workload for Mandela Way managers to deliver.
Zoe
Tuesday 14 October 2014 8.16am
I did wonder if it was somehow related to the mail issue at Roland Hill House, but that would be a massive over reaction from the post office.

Does anyone know when this happened?
Tuesday 14 October 2014 8.44am
Zoe you must not take Baldrick's ideas seriously, even he doesn't, because he knows his cunning plans always fail because he thought of them in the first place.
Zoe
Wednesday 15 October 2014 8.08am
Apparently someone lost the keys so they are waiting to change the locks. It's a daft thing to happen if true, but it could happen to any of us!
Wednesday 15 October 2014 9.33am
That is unbelievable, not the losing keys because that is possible, because the conclusion one must come to is that all post boxes have the same locks, sensible, and when one set of keys is lost then all locks must be changed, ridiculous.
When I see my friendly postman I shall ask him for the truth and just hope he doesn't repeat the lost keys theory. he normally collects post from the pillarbox to deliver locally so it must be causing him some inconvenience too.
Wednesday 15 October 2014 11.36am
Thebunhouse wrote:
That is unbelievable, not the losing keys because that is possible, because the conclusion one must come to is that all post boxes have the same locks, sensible, and when one set of keys is lost then all locks must be changed, ridiculous.
When I see my friendly postman I shall ask him for the truth and just hope he doesn't repeat the lost keys theory. he normally collects post from the pillarbox to deliver locally so it must be causing him some inconvenience too.

Nothing ridiculous, Thebunhouse. Similar occurrences in Kensington, Waltham Forest and Tooting last year:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21830003
http://www.wandsworthguardian.co.uk/news/10667699.Royal_Mail_seals_Tooting_s_post_boxes_after_bungling_postman_loses_keys/
http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/wfnews/10249950.Post_boxes_sealed_after_theft_of_keys/

And the web throws up several other occurrences elsewhere in the UK.

Presumably the postboxes have unique locks, but what was lost was a set of keys for a group of boxes on a particular collection round.
Wednesday 15 October 2014 3.17pm
Yes the keys lost so sealed up for security until new locks fitted. At least they have a procedure even if not a good or informative one...

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Wednesday 15 October 2014 7.34pm
I apologise for doubting the truth of the story. I checked with a local postwoman whilst she was delivering to Lower Marsh and she informed me it was exactly as Zoe had said. Sorry Zoe.
Zoe
Thursday 16 October 2014 9.57pm
Lol, I was also sceptical Bunhouse, it's just so unlikely! I feel bad for anyone who has mail stuck in there.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: