Security Dogs Outside The Beehive

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 17 October 2014 7.40pm
recently at the beehive at bartholowmew street since the squatters has been evicted there's been security dogs there every day especially at night, anyone know why?
Saturday 18 October 2014 2.12pm
I think that last week just after they got the blighters out the side door ended up open again. Perhaps they are trying to prevent them getting back in, the police were there again thursday. would like to see what damage they caused inside, hope the owner was insured..and that flipping graffiti...I hate graffiti, apart from Banksy...
Saturday 18 October 2014 5.20pm
some one I know, her relatives owns pub. I have been in there, but I dont care for the pub myself, one ladies loo the floor is weak and place seems to be falling apart. but the drinks are cheap.
Saturday 18 October 2014 5.48pm
I think the security are there full time.

I've got a bit of a fascination with derelict/disused buildings. I was walking past and saw the door ajar and went in. There was a half-finished game of pool on the pool table and graffiti sprayed over the bar. That said, it wasn't as bad as what I thought apart from the graffiti. Wonder what's next for the Beehive?
Saturday 18 October 2014 7.50pm
Also, it seems a premises licence was granted after the place closed - one was granted on 6 May 2014! Is someone reopening it? I hope so.
Sunday 19 October 2014 9.00am
Years ago Gavin it was a fantastic pub, it catered for all young and old alike, then someone along the line divided the bar into sorry thats wrong took the partition out, then shortly before it closed put it back. the carpet was removed years ago which gave it a hollow sound , the pub tables were all removed and a variety of sofas replaced them. In actual fact there used to be two ladies rooms, one in the public as well as in saloon.because it was becoming a run down dump, normal punters stopped going in and then you had some dodgy ones in! Many many moons ago i think you had a 'snug' between the two bars that kids could go in and but lemonade and crisps etc. I wonder if that graffiti can be removed as it really is horrible. Hope it opens up as a restaurant or trendy coffee place with nice cakes...or a theatre as a neighbour suggested...
Monday 27 October 2014 2.26pm
I was looking to see if I could find out what might be happening to the Beehive and read that there is an initiative in Southwark that allows local residents to register the pub as a local asset. Then if the pub comes on the market the residents have the right to purchase it at market rate and run it as a community asset. This would stop developers turing another corner plot into a block of flats, but would we have enough local interest to run it? As Jan says it could become a desirable venue in the right hands.

CB
Thursday 9 April 2015 12.12pm
I saw some activity last week at the Beehive. The shutters were off the window, it was cleaned up and lights were on in the bar. Looked very nice. Although I don't drink, it would be nice to see it reopen. Does anyone know what's going on?
Tuesday 12 May 2015 3.12pm
For sale

http://www.agg.uk.com/properties/lonl226?s=aec

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 12 May 2015 3.22pm
Nice to see a restrictive covenant requiring use as a public house. Too many pubs lost to flat conversions...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: