Car MOT

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 27 October 2014 6.41pm
Hi fellow SE1 peeps,

It's time to get the car MOT'd - who to steer clear of and who do you recommend?

Go...................
Monday 27 October 2014 6.58pm
That's easy. Take it to Raj at General Autos (Abbey Street). A man of few words, but as honest as they come. He'll do things like adjust your headlights and little things rather than fail it. Very highly recommended. No affiliation etc.
Monday 27 October 2014 7.35pm
Albany Garage on Mina Road - just outside SE1 off the OKR near Tesco. I was recommended to them and always had good experience with them though haven't been in for a couple of years now.
Monday 27 October 2014 7.43pm
My experiences with General Autos have been satisfactory too. Had my car MOT'd there the last two years, no issues. Having passed the car he has let me know about things that will soon need attention, but left it at that, no pressure.
Monday 27 October 2014 8.31pm
ive been a couple of times to the kwikfit on new kent road - i think certainly a couple of months ago, it was the cheapest price for an MOT in the country, not sure if theyre still running taht offer, and the service was excellent. they fixed the odd little problem here and there, and have tha dvantage of a brand name to go back to should anything go wrong.
Monday 27 October 2014 11.07pm
My 24 year old Golf just passed for it's fourth MOT (first time in a row) at

M B Autocheck Ltd
Robert Dashwood Way SE17
here at The Elephant & Castle

I'd go back there again.

Click here
Tuesday 28 October 2014 4.55pm
Thanks all - i might go and scope out Raj at General Autos, but i do happen to live next door but one from kwikfit on new kent road, so maybe thats my best bet :)
Tuesday 28 October 2014 10.55pm
It's a little bit further out but I'd happily recommend the Test Centre in Deptford.

It's only 45 for a MOT - online booking and open at the weekend. They don't do repairs - only MOTs. They have a no pass, no fee policy (which I've used!) and so it means that they don't have any perverse incentive to deliberately mis-diagnose small faults. http://www.thetestcentre.co.uk/
Wednesday 29 October 2014 10.28am
Nick at Millennium on Great Suffolk St. Always get my service and MOT there.
Just seen Southwark have approved his site for restaurants. Does this mean no car servicing left in central SE1?
Wednesday 29 October 2014 6.21pm
Nick assumed he was not long for that site and has his eyes on one a few yards away. All is not lost.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: