Leaves

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 4 November 2014 5.38pm
New Kent Road is very slippery underfoot / bike tyre at the moment, what's the norm when it comes to clearing them up, who and when?
Tuesday 4 November 2014 8.13pm
haha! its autumn!
Zoe
Wednesday 5 November 2014 8.03am
I have asked the council before and they don't remove leaves, however the leaves all end up in the bike lane on New Kent Road and it's really quite hard to navigate without a hybrid/mountain bike. It bugs me that the path next to it is totally free of leaves, how do they all end up in the bike lane, it's an amazing feat of gravity.
Wednesday 5 November 2014 9.04am
Lead wrote:
New Kent Road is very slippery underfoot / bike tyre at the moment, what's the norm when it comes to clearing them up, who and when?

Is it!? ;)
Wednesday 5 November 2014 9.06am
Zoe wrote:
I have asked the council before and they don't remove leaves, however the leaves all end up in the bike lane on New Kent Road and it's really quite hard to navigate without a hybrid/mountain bike. It bugs me that the path next to it is totally free of leaves, how do they all end up in the bike lane, it's an amazing feat of gravity.

I'm sure i've seen someone clearing the pavement of leaves, sure it was down Great Dover Street...

But yes, its not very nice out there atm - stodgy!
Wednesday 5 November 2014 9.17am
It's dodgy when you use a walking stick as well. To be fair to the Council on one tree there are thousands of leaves that continously come down, a sweeper could remove them a dozen times a day and there would still be more left. I am seriously thinking about a leaf blower vacumn for my garden and there are only 2 big trees there.

Not like new kent road and great dover street..
Wednesday 5 November 2014 10.17am
Jan the old one wrote:
It's dodgy when you use a walking stick as well. To be fair to the Council on one tree there are thousands of leaves that continously come down, a sweeper could remove them a dozen times a day and there would still be more left. I am seriously thinking about a leaf blower vacumn for my garden and there are only 2 big trees there.
Not like new kent road and great dover street..

Yes, kind of a never ending job until they have all fallen - On the New Kent Road there is currently a man with a leaf blower. Not my favourite sound of all time, but at least something is happening, albeit on the wrong side of the road, i.e. not outside my place ;)
Wednesday 5 November 2014 1.57pm
Zoe wrote:

Not really that amazing when you think about it - the camber of the road combined with the air streams created by the traffic would naturally blow them out to the side of the road where they get trapped against the curb.

But yes, annoying that pavements seem to be cleared a couple of times a week while cycle lanes are left. I suppose they need to send one of those street-sweeping vans down there.
Wednesday 5 November 2014 2.47pm
Guy's street wrote:
Zoe wrote:

Not really that amazing when you think about it - the camber of the road combined with the air streams created by the traffic would naturally blow them out to the side of the road where they get trapped against the curb.

But yes, annoying that pavements seem to be cleared a couple of times a week while cycle lanes are left. I suppose they need to send one of those street-sweeping vans down there.

I think Zoe was talking about the pavement rather than the roads - While the fellas were out there on New Kent Road today, they were blowing the leaves off the walking part of the pavement into the cycle lane. Street-sweeping van on the pavement, not sure that would ever happen.
Wednesday 5 November 2014 3.21pm
Ah, I misunderstood - see what you mean now.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: