Masala Dubba

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 5 November 2014 9.12am
What a great meal we had last night, used the Masala Dubba in Trinity Street for the first time. I just wish I had used it before. As new customers we were given a complimentary dish of chicken marinated in green mango, any new customer gets a new complimentary dish. The whole meal was delicicous, my daughter who is here from Derby where normally the best Indian restaurants and takeaways are to be found was impressed, there was not one item that you could say was 'alright' it was all brilliant and a lot cheaper than some around here, come to think of it ten times better.

Needless to say I will use it again!
Wednesday 5 November 2014 11.18am
I cannot agree more.
Friendly service, delicious food and have yet to have a bad dish.
Highly recommended.
Wednesday 5 November 2014 2.56pm
Personally I think it is a tiny bit more expensive than others and the portions are slightly smaller (bar the Biryani's) but the food is 10 times better than anywhere else.

I was going to have something home-made for dinner tonight but now I think I have to pop in for a Lamb Biryani.

Bliss!
Wednesday 5 November 2014 3.18pm
jcpse1 the last time I had Simply Indian I felt like a dieter (failed of course!) very modest portions compared to Masala Dubba...I am now trying to persuade my daughter that before she goes back home to the shire of curries to buy me another one from Masala Dubba..:-)
Thursday 6 November 2014 9.23am
Jan the old one - I can help persuade her if you like. I used to love going to Simply Indian, wolfing down their crab curry but the last one they gave me didn't smell right and I regret eating it. That and the 'claggy' dim sum made me run for the hills despite the BYOB policy.
Thursday 6 November 2014 10.24am
Thanks for the heads up, Jan and JCP. I've not tried Massala Dabla, but think I will now.

We did try Simply Indian recently and won't be going back there. The food was hideously coloured and didn't smell or taste right. Certainly nowhere near worth the money.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: