Fish & chips- recommendations

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 5 November 2014 11.47am
Hello,
I've recently moved into the area and am on the search for a decent tried & tested fish and chips place. Can anyone recommend a good one near the Spa Road/Abbey Street/Jamaica Rd region?
Wednesday 5 November 2014 12.13pm
long lane is pretty good
Wednesday 5 November 2014 12.26pm
I recommend Johnny's Fish Bar on Jamaica Road, near the junction with Tanner Street, opposite the Co-Op, yum yum!
Wednesday 5 November 2014 12.43pm
Definitely recommend Long Lane Fish Bar. Great range of fish, fresh, hand cut chips, and all the accessories. Plus, a good star rating with the Food Standards Agency.
Wednesday 5 November 2014 12.49pm
Little bit out of the way (and SE16, sorry) but Elite Fish Bar just off The Blue is really good and cheap too!
I used to go to St James' fish bar but they aren't the same since new ownership took over a while back now. Blue Anchor F&C is also very good if you cant stand the queues at Elite!
Wednesday 5 November 2014 1.02pm
Keira wrote:
Little bit out of the way (and SE16, sorry) but Elite Fish Bar just off The Blue is really good and cheap too!
I used to go to St James' fish bar but they aren't the same since new ownership took over a while back now. Blue Anchor F&C is also very good if you cant stand the queues at Elite!

Exactly this. St James' also seems to shut pretty early.

Long Lane is excellent too.
Wednesday 5 November 2014 1.40pm
Another shout for Johnny's from me
Wednesday 5 November 2014 2.19pm
For sit-down, I go to Olleys on Great Suffolk Street. Has a nice seafront cafe vibe, with the corner window.
Wednesday 5 November 2014 2.26pm
Thanks everyone!! that's great
Wednesday 5 November 2014 3.44pm
The real top SE1 chippy is Masters Superfish, but that's a long way from you.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: