route to st pancras..

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 7 November 2014 10.33am
Could any one tell me what route to tell a black cab driver to get to st.pancras at mid-day tomorrow? not sure what routes are closed, but booked 2 cheap tickets on the train that can not be altered! where's Tom when I need him!
Friday 7 November 2014 10.57am
I would suggest you contact TfL and they must be able to point you in the right direction avoiding The Lord Mayor's processional route.
Best of luck and a safe and pleasant journey.
Friday 7 November 2014 11.01am
http://lordmayorsshow.london/dl/visitors/2014_lordmayorshow_map.pdf here's the route map, Jan, if that helps.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 7 November 2014 12.22pm
See http://lordmayorsshow.london/residents/roads-closed

via Tower Bridge > Aldgate > Commercial Street and round by Old Street/City Road might be best - but I'd never try to tell a black cab driver the route to take!
Friday 7 November 2014 12.26pm
...alternatively Waterloo Bridge (only closed for the evening fireworks) > Aldwych > Kingsway.
Friday 7 November 2014 11.10pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Could any one tell me what route to tell a black cab driver to get to st.pancras at mid-day tomorrow? not sure what routes are closed, but booked 2 cheap tickets on the train that can not be altered! where's Tom when I need him!

Patience ma petite, je suis ici maintenant.
Sorry Jan, been spending too much time in God's country across La Manche of late.
If I've got it right, you live somewhere near the Brick.
I've been out of "The Game" for almost 3 years now, so if there are road closures and alterations that I'm unaware of, I'm sorry, plus I never worked a Saturday when the Lord Mayor's Show was on.
I'd swerve Tower Bridge, due to the madding crowd trying to see the poppies at the Tower.
I'd go for Waterloo Bridge, straight up Kingsway, Woburn Place, Russell Square, Bedford Way, Tavistock Square, Tavistock Place, thread my way around the chicane to Cartwright Gardens, R. into Euston Road, L. into Pancras Road, and drop off on the left.
To reiterate, if the road configuration has drastically changed since I was out there struggling for a crust, then I apologise, I'm doing this from memory.
Sunday 9 November 2014 4.26pm
Thank you everyone, and Tom our driver was very good, he seemed to go the way you suggested.and we arrived at st.pancras almost 3 hours before train departed!
Monday 10 November 2014 10.22am
Jan the old one wrote:
Thank you everyone, and Tom our driver was very good, he seemed to go the way you suggested.and we arrived at st.pancras almost 3 hours before train departed!

We aim to please Jan, always remember, everyone, beware of cheap, (allegedly), imitations.
Tuesday 11 November 2014 12.56pm
No one could imitate you young Tom! :-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: