Jubilee Gardens damaged trees by fighting dogs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 10 November 2014 10.40am
Alex Valenzuela from Jubilee Gdns trust and his idiotic assumption that the stripped bark off the trees in Jubilee Gardens is down to people training their dangerous dogs to fight.
1) SQUIRRELS actually strip bark off trees
2) There has been no sightings of any fighting dogs in this area.With all their security you would think someone saw something.
3) Two things are going on here. Jubilee Gdns do not want dogs so this is their excuse. They want rid of the trees themselves or do not want them to get any higher so have covered the stems themselves to restrict growth so The Quatari Group in their expensive flats opposite have a better view.
You do not mend a stripped tree by covering it by the way. They even have it as news on their jubilee Gardens website starting off by saying "As reported by London SE1 website "
Monday 10 November 2014 1.16pm
There was a spate of fighting dogs being trained in Tabard Park years ago when every cretin seemed to have to have a 'status' dog, evidence of that was a tyre hanging down from a branch which if the dog was heavy enough would cause the branch to break..stripping bark is a new one on me, unless it's a Yorkie having a nibble!
Tuesday 11 November 2014 2.49pm
Wow.. so the above post is alleging that Jubilee Gardens Trust are wilfully damaging the trees, covering it up, breaching their 'public benefit' objectives, lying to the police and media, wasting police time, all for a private landowner (who is not on the board of the trust anyway).

Just a tad far-fetched.
Tuesday 11 November 2014 4.08pm
No, I am saying Squirrels have stripped the bark off the trees not fighting dogs. Yes he has wasted police time. The media is full of lies anyway, in the great scheme of things I guess its hardly important. Time will tell if they have breached their "public benefit" objectives when we see it concreted over.
Tuesday 11 November 2014 4.41pm
Surely how high the bark has been stripped to, or from, would give some idea of who the culprit might be.
Tuesday 11 November 2014 9.35pm
I really don't think squirrels have stripped the trees, I have never known that to happen anywhere. I also don't think those involved in jubilee gardens would lie about it. I don't think it's a dog friendly park, but that doesn't mean they are wrong to say dogs are attacking trees, it happens everywhere.
Tuesday 11 November 2014 10.14pm
Zoe, that's a tad na´ve. It's actually very common for squirrels - grey ones especially - to strip bark from trees. Just because you've never known it to happen doesn't mean that it hasn't happened! Google it and see what you come up with!

I don't live anywhere near Jubilee Gardens and haven't been there for years and so can't comment on whether it's down to dogs or squirrels. However, I'm inclined to think that there might be at least an inkling of truth to what Dorothy is saying.
Wednesday 12 November 2014 12.01am
I didn't know squirrels stripped trees either. Barking!
Wednesday 12 November 2014 7.02am
Oh Edward, we are such townies!
Wednesday 12 November 2014 11.07am
Wonder iof they build their nests/drays whatever they are called or just eat it?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: