Food and drink

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 16 November 2014 12.44am
Hi, we will be staying close to the Cut from 1st January till 4th and are looking for places for breakfast each day and then dinner on the 1st. Have already been to Tas and Mar I Terra previously so would prefer something different for dinner. Thanks :)
Sunday 16 November 2014 11.05am
I would recommend South Bank Cafe on Hatfields, 50 yards from the junction of The Cut/Hatfields, for breakfast. I find them exceptional as do dozens of other breakfasters.
For pubgrub there is The Anchor and Hope on the above junction.
Enjoy your stay and your food.
Sunday 16 November 2014 7.22pm
For breakfast always worth a visit to Marie's Cafe on Lower Marsh for a choice of full English or thai food. A 'cheap and cheerful' option.

Terry's Cafe on Great Suffolk Street does a good breakfast with quality bacon and sausages from the local butcher, although the service can be a bit abrupt nowadays.

If you prefer something a little more gentile, Greensmiths - also on Lower Marsh - has a lovely little cafe at the back of their pretty little deli.

Bon appetite x
Monday 17 November 2014 11.32am
Second Marie's on Lower Marsh just because they do the best chips I know, hand cut and hand cooked ( excuse me whilst I go and salivate away from the keyboard)
Wednesday 19 November 2014 8.44pm
Albion cafe by the Tate modern ... Sublime
Thursday 20 November 2014 7.41pm
Katencarlos I would suggest that you check the prices at Albion Cafe before wending your way there for breakfast.
13 for breakfast and 9 for a kipper is a bit above my usual spend but then again so is 38.50 at Simpsons in the Strand for their champagne and trencherman breakfast.
I would still point you in the direction of South Bank cafe on Hatfields for breakfast, average price 5 all in, first class food and premises awarded an official five stars for hygiene and cleanliness.
I am not connected to the business in any way other than an extremely satisfied and well fed customer
Saturday 22 November 2014 12.31pm
Another fan of Marie's on Lower Marsh here.
Have taken friends, and they have gone back again too.
Good value, delicious affordable food.
Sunday 23 November 2014 9.14am
I need to correct my posts on Southbank Cafe, Hatfields,
I got the name wrong it is actually called "Bank Side Cafe" but all the rest is correct.
When I went there yesterday and sat and spoke with the owner about the quest for breakfast by Katencarlos around the turn of the year he told me that he will be closed for a couple of days over the Christmas period so it would be wise to check exactly when he, and others, will be open.
He also pointed out that his cafe "Bank Side Cafe" has very good reviews in Tripadvisor. Check it out for yourself.
Sunday 23 November 2014 11.39am
mention of TripAdvisor makes me wonder how their reviews match those of SE1ers in this forum?
Sunday 23 November 2014 11.50am
Capital kebab house in the Cut for breakfast, their all dayer is among the best I've had. They seem to take an age to cook it though, so no good if your in a rush.

They do well on trip advisor.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: