Takeaways

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 21 November 2014 9.08am
Happy Friday all!

So, as a very happy customer of Masala Dubba on Trinity St and the Lebanese Grill on the New Kent Road, I was wondering this morning what other culinary delights SE1 might have to hold.

Rather than go my normal haunt this evening, can anyone recommend somewhere else I can try?
Friday 21 November 2014 9.24am
Apparently the Mamuska has a very good reputation, although I never tried it. It's located inside the creepy shopping center in E&C and its speciality is polish food.
Friday 21 November 2014 9.32am
If you like Masala Dubba, you have to check out Cafe Nawaz near Guys Hospital. Their Cafe Nawaz Special, Green Chicken Curry and Bagari Gosht are fantastic. Takeaway is always better in terms of flavour and much bigger portions than dining in there.

For pizza, Village Pizza on Old Kent Road do some fantastic thin and crispy pizzas.
Friday 21 November 2014 11.30am
mickybar wrote:
Apparently the Mamuska has a very good reputation, although I never tried it. It's located inside the creepy shopping center in E&C and its speciality is polish food.

I have actually been there and thoroughly enjoyed it. Where else can you have chicken livers and a vodka slush puppy. Yum!
Friday 21 November 2014 11.47am
jaggerjatt wrote:
If you like Masala Dubba, you have to check out Cafe Nawaz near Guys Hospital. Their Cafe Nawaz Special, Green Chicken Curry and Bagari Gosht are fantastic. Takeaway is always better in terms of flavour and much bigger portions than dining in there.
For pizza, Village Pizza on Old Kent Road do some fantastic thin and crispy pizzas.

is Cafe Nawaz the one where you can BYOB?

Will check out Village Pizza too, thanks
Friday 21 November 2014 12.54pm
jcpse1 wrote:
jaggerjatt wrote:

Yes, Nawaz is BYOB.
Friday 21 November 2014 3.13pm
Guy's street wrote:
jcpse1 wrote:
jaggerjatt wrote:

Yes, Nawaz is BYOB.

Think I might ignore it for a while......
http://www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk/business/cafe-nawaz--156768.html
Friday 21 November 2014 3.52pm
I am italian and I am still looking for a good pizza in SE1. Didn't try Village Pizza, but when I find in the menu pizza with chicken I can see they're not true italians :-) although I'll probably try it anyway.
I tried Basilico instead, the one in TBR, they do deliveries, not bad, not excellent, a little bit pricey overall.
Can't wait for Franco Manca to open in Bermondsey Street.
Friday 21 November 2014 4.06pm
mickybar wrote:
I am italian and I am still looking for a good pizza in SE1. Didn't try Village Pizza, but when I find in the menu pizza with chicken I can see they're not true italians :-) although I'll probably try it anyway.
I tried Basilico instead, the one in TBR, they do deliveries, not bad, not excellent, a little bit pricey overall.

Cafe Amisha on Grange Rd does good pizzas (not sure they'll be up to your true Italian standard), and staff seem to be largely Italian.
Friday 21 November 2014 4.29pm
Guy's street wrote:
mickybar wrote:

Cafe Amisha on Grange Rd does good pizzas (not sure they'll be up to your true Italian standard), and staff seem to be largely Italian.

Good to know, thanks :-) always open to try something new. I have been to the Libertine pub in Great Suffolk Street and I was surprised to discover a good pizza there. Don't think it's take away, but it's definitely worth a visit
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: