THE CIRCLE- HELP: required Christmas rental

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 21 November 2014 9.47am
Hello! Not sure how to go about so I thought this nice community would be my last chance to get some help.

I am looking for a studio/flat to rent over Christmas in Shad Thames. We live in The Circle (1 bed) and due to personal problems this year we have to spend Christmas at home in the Circle. My mom (lovely 65 years old lady) is alone for Christmas in France (I am French) so I would love to pay her a return ticket so we ca spend Christmas together in London. As you know, hotels around are crazy expensive and same for holiday rentals like the former Think Apartments so we simply cannot afford (we have no space at all in the flat either..). So, in fact, I wonder if anyone knows about affordable flats to rent in the area but ideally, I am looking for neighbors going away for Christmas that would be ready to meet me and make a plan together so we can make this happen :))

I know it is a lot to ask for but I know that if it was the other way around, I would feel happy to help (like we all do in smaller towns..)

Many thanks!

Kindest regards

Cristina
cristina.aliasp@gmail.com
Saturday 22 November 2014 1.46pm
What dates exactly?
Saturday 22 November 2014 9.13pm
Paul12 wrote:
What dates exactly?

Hi Paul, well we don't have set up dates as we will only be able to decide about if I find something, but ideally the week of Christmas (I am very flexible). Many thanks :)
Sunday 23 November 2014 11.43pm
Hi Cristina,

I'm not in the Circle but about 5 minutes away.
My plans aren't finalized at the moment, and this is purely speculative right now but where in France does your mum live?
Might consider a house swap for a week?
Tuesday 25 November 2014 1.31pm
Hi,

We are in Bermondsey Wall West and away for Christmas - is that too far?
Wednesday 26 November 2014 2.28pm
Hello!

Thank you very much for your responses, I have received great and useful help from this forum and I couldn't be more grateful.. I have actually found a lovely neighbor who is going to help me with the rental (thanks SE1 !!). Many thanks to all that offered help :)
I wish you a beautiful end of the week and a lovely Christmas time!
Kind regards,
Cristina

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network