Motorcycle mechanic

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 26 November 2014 2.39am
Hey SE1 - my ZX6 wont start on these cold mornings - anyone fancy having a look ?

Need to take the tank off to get to the sparks as its not petrol or battery - just damp n cold n old !
Wednesday 26 November 2014 1.49pm
Hi there, I assume that you've sprayed it with WD40? Usually works! If you get stuck drop me a pm and I can give you the number of someone local who should be able to help.
Wednesday 26 November 2014 9.18pm
I'm no mechanic, but have riden motorcycles since the 70s.

It could be one of three issues that are plaguing your Ninja:

Battery, Starter, or sparks.

Whatever one of these is a problem, it is always good practice to take your MC for a winter service when the cold season approaches: not a full factory service, but just a basic once over.

New plugs, basic lube job, full oil change, new brake fluid etc.

When I was riding, I used the garage in Great Suffolk Street that was used by many Dispatch Riders (always a sign of good honest work).

However I don't know if they are still there or not.

Best wishes and happy biking!
Thursday 27 November 2014 11.13am
Jules means Chasbikes. They had to move from Gt Suffolk St, but they're now just round the corner from the Imperial War Museum. Their website will give full contact details.

...if you press it, they will come.
Sunday 30 November 2014 12.07am
Ivanhoe wrote:
Jules means Chasbikes. They had to move from Gt Suffolk St, but they're now just round the corner from the Imperial War Museum. Their website will give full contact details.

Yes: the engineers I used where called Chasbikes.

They are rightly proud of their work, and based on my own experiences with a variety of other providers, they definitively come out on top.

Having said that, I last used them 4 years ago, so I cannot vouch for them as they are today.

But if I needed a MC service right now, they would be my first port of call.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: