Found : Young black short-haired cat

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 11 December 2014 6.01pm
We found this young cat by the Leathermarket, Weston Street, Bermondsey on the 28th November 2014. It seemed desperate for attention so we took it in. It's been looked after and fed. If this cat is yours, please contact us asap.

Description : Short black (Bombay Cat). Green eyes. Not checked if chipped. Unsure if male or female. House trained.

Thursday 11 December 2014 6.23pm
Well done for taking it in, David. Looks very settled at yours!

I think I've previously seen this cat the other side of Weston Street, by Wild's Rents/Haddonhall Estate. Looks too well kept to be a stray. Hopefully the owner claims her.
Thursday 11 December 2014 6.46pm
What a pretty little thing David, you could try ringing the vets and asking if anyone has lost one, she don't look very old? after christmas is the time unwanted pets get dumped sad to say.
Thursday 11 December 2014 11.32pm
Hope you find the owner.
My wife wants it already....
Friday 12 December 2014 7.55am
the vet may have a microchip reader - would be good to know if there is a chip...
Friday 12 December 2014 8.59am
Brendan D wrote:
Hope you find the owner.

It is a very cute cat. Is there any that keeps a cat indoors, i.e. a cat that you never let out for example becaue you oive in a flat etc? I assume that if you have a cat from when it was tiny and it doesn't know any different it's probably better, but does anyone have experience with this? We would like a cat, but I wouldn't it to be deprived of its freedom. I can't zoo's for that reason...
Friday 12 December 2014 9.37am
When we first found this cat, it was quite happy to lie around the house. Now it's getting a lot more curious and exploring the house and getting into every nook and cranny :) I've always thought if you want a house cat then it should have plenty of toys etc to keep itself amused otherwise it would become bored and stressed. I wish we had a garden so it can roam but we don't, so sadly we can't keep it. Very good natured cat though.

We're taking it to the vets tomorrow to check whether or not it has a chip. Have to say, we've got a bit attached to it. Nice to have around.
Friday 12 December 2014 10.05am
davidmcg1975 wrote:
I wish we had a garden so it can roam but we don't, so sadly we can't keep it. Very good natured cat though.
We're taking it to the vets tomorrow to check whether or not it has a chip. Have to say, we've got a bit attached to it. Nice to have around.
Don't give it a name ! :)
Friday 12 December 2014 10.20am
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Brendan D wrote:
Hope you find the owner.

It is a very cute cat. Is there any that keeps a cat indoors, i.e. a cat that you never let out for example becaue you oive in a flat etc? I assume that if you have a cat from when it was tiny and it doesn't know any different it's probably better, but does anyone have experience with this? We would like a cat, but I wouldn't it to be deprived of its freedom. I can't zoo's for that reason...

That is a cute little chap! Not surprised that Mrs D wants to keep it. I have an indoor cat and she has never known any different. The vet says that she is very well for her age (16).
Friday 12 December 2014 10.30am
I've had cats before but always in homes with at least a garden. I like the "wild animal" nature of cats, so I am just wondering if I am being selfish and in a way cruel by keeping one indoors. I know of indoor cats that have tried to escape/get outside even after years, so there must be some instinct there... I think I've just talked myself out of the idea of having one!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: