Lights on the Shard

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 21 December 2014 6.46pm
Is it my imagination, or is the light display from the Shard different every night? It's pretty spectacular isn't it?

Related news & features

Sunday 21 December 2014 8.09pm
It is being illuminated by individual light displays every night until New Year’s Eve, when it will feature a clock counting down to midnight.
Sunday 21 December 2014 9.16pm
Btw I was meaning to comment on the lovely Christmas tree shaped lights outside Styles House, Karen! Thought they look great, tourists stopping to take photos all the time.

Noticed the Shard light show on the first night without having read about it first, it's nice they make the effort of changing things. And whatever I may think of much of the development happening around us in Southwark, I do quite like the sight of the Shard outside my block.
Monday 22 December 2014 12.00am
I have to agree with all the above - I love the Shard! Can't afford to go up there, but it never fails to please me - I can see it from my kitchen window and every day it looks different depending on the weather. I'm not a great fan of modern buildings but this one really is the business. The Christmas light show is totally mesmerising - washing up the dishes with my earphones playing and the light show going is a simple pleasure. And yes Styles House is pretty fab too - I am one of those people taking photos. Merry Christmas!
Monday 22 December 2014 5.54pm
It would be great if the Shard did the light displays year-around - like the Empire State Building. Seems a shame it's only at Xmas.
Monday 22 December 2014 6.43pm
robbiekid wrote:
It would be great if the Shard did the light displays year-around - like the Empire State Building. Seems a shame it's only at Xmas.

Oh, I don't know...
Monday 22 December 2014 8.32pm
Glad you like the Styles House trees. I'm a bit of a kid at Christmas, I love lights and decorations.
Tuesday 23 December 2014 5.33pm
Look at the Shard tonight. Coloured lights! If I was going to be a tad critical though, I would say that the speed of the lights changing should be slower; they looked at bit manic last night.
Tuesday 23 December 2014 6.56pm
Ooh, I like the manic tonight - looks like a big sparkly Christmas tree from here :-)
Thursday 25 December 2014 11.03pm
s. Styles House lights are excellent! Also as I was walking by The Old Vic.recently saw The traditional christmmas tree was so grand and comforting to a lone pedestrian - myself - makes you realise someone does love you and a tree is of course a symbol of life. Nobody else was around and I thought this traditional sight to be eveb netter than the annual noway tree @ trafalger square.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network