Cool cafe selling 'Ebola masks' for 50p

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 24 December 2014 9.31am
The Bermondsey Street Coffee at 163-167 Bermondsey Street is selling 'ebola masks' for 50p. It's the worst joke I've seen for a very long time.

Happy Christmas everyone.
Wednesday 24 December 2014 9.59am
And you are?
Wednesday 24 December 2014 10.03am
(I don't think that sort of response to a new poster is necessary, eDWaRD. I understand what you are getting at but I have no reason to suspect astroturfing in this case.)

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 24 December 2014 10.10am
OK - Apologies for jumping the gun.
Wednesday 24 December 2014 11.49am
I'm nobody and I'm not advertising anything. I just think it's a sick joke and they shouldn't do it.

No posting ever no more.
Wednesday 24 December 2014 12.02pm
Beear - I'm sorry you received the response you did. It is not the sort of welcome I would want a first-time poster to receive on this forum, which is why I intervened immediately to say so.

The question of the masks is clearly a legitimate matter to raise on the forum.

Sadly there are lots of unscrupulous business people who try to promote themselves on the forum by posing as customers (even sometimes by posting as dissatisfied customers, as odd as that may sound) and that makes people suspicious/cynical about first-time posters who write about shops and services.

That said, it doesn't excuse rudeness and eDWaRD has apologised for his post.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 24 December 2014 12.16pm
Is that the same cool café that's aka F***offee?

(Welcome, Beear)

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 24 December 2014 2.11pm
Beear wrote:
I'm nobody and I'm not advertising anything. I just think it's a sick joke and they shouldn't do it.
No posting ever no more.

I apologised, and I apologise again. I was in the wrong, I am by no means representative of the majority of SE1 posters, so please don't be driven away by my reaction, I'd rather never post again myself. I jumped to a conclusion, made an assumption, please don't let that put you off.
Zoe
Wednesday 24 December 2014 3.35pm
And I agree, what a horrible thing to sell. I can't even imagine why anyone would do such a thing. Yuk.
Wednesday 24 December 2014 3.46pm
I am wondering what a 50p Ebola mask looks like?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: